Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Staff Recommended Posts

Why not? This has been a long time coming and I am sure many are happy to have the AC's off, windows open and the beautiful cool Canadian flow in the air. Looks to last into the weekend with slowly rising humidity. But I will take this for a few days after the month of haze. Lovely!

• 68°F
  • Humidity: 56%
  • Wind Speed: NW 9mph
  • Barometer: 30.08 in (1018.4 mb)
  • Dewpoint: 52°F (12°C)
  • Visibility10.00 mi

Nice night for a walk or sit on the porch with a cold one. Get out and enjoy the great weekend coming up, take some pics and post here!

nam3km_T2m_neus_11.png

nam3km_Td2m_neus_9.png

• Like 1

Down to 51.2° this morning.

😎

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Down to 51.2° this morning.

😎

I saw actual, honest to goodness, stars on the walk this morning. And the air - I could actually take in deep doses and not feel as if I was "in the deep end".  🙂

Edit - just realized that the IMBY gauge went down to 54F 🙂🙂 

• Like 2

3 words....

It's about time.

6:15am temps. Nice refreshing Fall-Like morning. Only 58° here but been almost 2 months since feeling this.

NYC(LGA) at 70F still.

yNNPDiEh.jpg

Edited by NorEaster27
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

@NorEaster27 Hey finally made the trip over? Happy to have you.

At 60F this morning and comfortable clear air outside, going to be a spectacular day.

49 minutes ago, UTSwiinii said:

I saw actual, honest to goodness, stars on the walk this morning. And the air - I could actually take in deep doses and not feel as if I was "in the deep end".  🙂

Edit - just realized that the IMBY gauge went down to 54F 🙂🙂 

Hazy morning here, wildfire smoke?

20180824_072252.thumb.jpg.310f1346c7f619e8bf1cfff9d0cdcc3e.jpg

53 and not a cloud in the sky. Air nice and dry, forgot how that felt.  Just about perfect. 

Glass half empty guy says: supposed to hit 90 Monday. :classic_angry:

Edited by 1816
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaineJay said:

Hazy morning here, wildfire smoke?

Definitely looks like it on GOES-16.

20182361312_GOES16-ABI-ne-GEOCOLOR-1200x1200.thumb.jpg.50d77bac1949e1b631fa195c8cbb10fe.jpg

• Like 1

Temp just about 70F.  Beautiful morning, for sure.

Humidity 68%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 30.22 in (1022.5 mb)
Dewpoint 59°F (15°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi

I'm checking in now, because I plan on taking a machete to the jungle which has become my backyard. I've got my bee-keepers hat on the ready, so all those blood-sucking, face-swarming insects can just attack away!!! Out I go, with Welcome to the Jungle playing in my head! 

• Haha 2

Still pumping water out of our basement after another heavy rain the other day, but I've got to admit today's weather is beautiful. Hope everyone can get out and enjoy this weekend before the heat and humidity comes rolling back in to the Northeast.:classic_cool:

Edited by Solstice
Fixing format.

Got down to 50.3F...almost broke through that glass floor. Hit a high of 75F yesterday and currently 79F today. Beautiful stretch. Heading down to Long Island after work today for a long weekend and some R&R...get away from the craziness in these parts.  :classic_tongue::classic_cool:

Capture.thumb.PNG.4e922f5f2278d3bce8ced2f02e7748e9.PNG

🙂

Check out JPSS-1's view of the wildfire smoke. It is a beefy file so I included it as a link.

52 this morning.  House didn’t cool off much though.  Beautiful day, not a drop of rain!

• Like 1

Next 4 days. No rain!

F2491A4E-58F7-4F42-92C9-2D45E57F2B28.jpeg

• Like 1

"Soup-a" foggy this morning. 

Down to 59 in New Market MD this morning. Currently at 64 and partly sunny. Absolutely beatiful

The gf and I are going to the Pocono's today to walk around and try different restaurants, it should be gorgeous out there, hopefully she doesn't overdose me on craft fair crap again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Past 3 days were a breath of fresh air, literally!  We got a start getting some of our long oveddue 2nd crop hay in, despite there being off and on high clouds yesterday.  

• Like 2

Really nice weather last few days. I did wind up with overcast skies yesterday for 3 hrs though, just as I decided to take a swim. Looks like today, last cool day till next weekend.

Edit.... someone flipped the humidity switch this morning. Very muggy out.

Edited by suzook

Really fantastic weather I had from Wednesday through Saturday. 4 days in a row it didn't get above the 70's and two mornings it got all the way down to 52. Great enough we were able to get the house down into the 60's for the first time in awhile. After yesterday, we are actually below normal at the moment (0.2 degrees) for August, but that certainly will not last with the heat coming the next few days. 

9 hours ago, suzook said:

Really nice weather last few days. I did wind up with overcast skies yesterday for 3 hrs though, just as I decided to take a swim. Looks like today, last cool day till next weekend.

Edit.... someone flipped the humidity switch this morning. Very muggy out.

I noticed the humidity too this morning. Had a few showers I wasn't really expecting either. Not surprising with as wet as its been. 

ETA: Just stepped outside. Real sticky this evening. 

Edited by 1816