• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Solstice

October 10-12, 2018 | Fall Storm | Flooding Potential

Staff Recommended Posts

Steady rain here for the last hour. Radar really filling in........

Temperature at 69F, DP at 69F, just crossed the 1" mark for the day. Looking like we still have a lot of rain to go...3km NAM saying another 2+"

Edited by telejunkie

4 hours ago, telejunkie said:

I hear what you're saying, but in my mind, the direct impacts of Michael are enough to fill that thread. While Michael is going to greatly enhance our regions rainfall, I would still deem it an indirect consequence and shouldn't clutter the thread dealing with it's COC's massive implications for those affected areas. Opinions...:classic_wink:

Yeah - it's all good. Which is why I didn't merge the threads or even ask the other admins and mods whether we should do so. 

Besides, we have a nearly identical situation when pieces of Sergio get entrained into the next frontal passage late weekend/early next week (though not nearly as "in"directly) 

• Sad 1

I understand everyone was focused on the Panhandle and southern States yesterday, but I wish the airlines had issued a waiver for the NYC area for today. I have a flight at 625pm out of Newark and I really could have left before this. Plane taking me already was delayed in Houston for maintenance and NYC slows to a halt with a few drops. Oh well, such is life, especially compared to what the poor folks down south have endured. Safe travels everyone!!! Next time I will listen to the rest truth about weather here.

Best regards,

Adam

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UTSwiinii said:

Yeah - it's all good. Which is why I didn't merge the threads or even ask the other admins and mods whether we should do so. 

Besides, we have a nearly identical situation when pieces of Sergio get entrained into the next frontal passage late weekend/early next week (though not nearly as "in"directly) 

Sergio??? Who the heck is Sergio, he's an "S"??? What did I miss?? :352nmsp:

Nevermind! 😉 I went to the NHC website and found him myself! :classic_rolleyes:

Sitting at 1.27" so far in NWNJ.  Most of the rain for the period should be FROPA as Michael heads OTS later.  Even so, did not expect this much this early.

image.png.ce2cc34ca29667732d2fc66317d9e1c4.png

Hmm...so Albany NWS radar estimates say 0.3",  Burlinton NWS radar estimates about 0.7", one neighbor's PWS says 1.2", the other neighbor's says 1.6" and my shoddy rain gauge says 1.9"  :classic_dry:  not much agreement here...

Showers.  Thunderstorms.  Flash Flood Watch.  Fog.  Lightning.  Mushrooms growing in clumps.  Moss in places that you didn't think things could grow on.  Snakes being driven from the creeks.  Toads and frogs in abundance.

Sounds like an Addam's Family Wedding, not October in Eastern PA.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Miller A said:

Sitting at 1.27" so far in NWNJ.  Most of the rain for the period should be FROPA as Michael heads OTS later.  Even so, did not expect this much this early.

image.png.ce2cc34ca29667732d2fc66317d9e1c4.png

Its gonna hit the bm.  Hope tracks like these are more frequent when it's cold enough to snow.

10 minutes ago, Goalie24 said:

Its gonna hit the bm.  Hope tracks like these are more frequent when it's cold enough to snow.

I thought the same thing (not that I like snow, just that it's going to 40/70 or just outside). In fact, the current "rain threat" thread starts off with such a depiction. 

(if you want to "hope" for something, take a look at Hr384 on 12z GFS -  in wintertime, such a look would trigger pages of discussion - LOL) 

Up to 1.57".  Just outside BM combined with the FROPA will insure that there will be sharp cutoff north and and west and PARD will not be affected by Michael. 

Just trying to get myself tuned up for basic winter chatter.  Where is PARD, anyway?  Is he just a winter guy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miller A said:

Up to 1.57".  Just outside BM combined with the FROPA will insure that there will be sharp cutoff north and and west and PARD will not be affected by Michael. 

Just trying to get myself tuned up for basic winter chatter.  Where is PARD, anyway?  Is he just a winter guy?

You didn't say "how much for Philly" and "I'm worried about NJ". 

Back here, in the CTP Heartland, there is 1.0" in the device. 

40 minutes ago, RobBucksPA said:

Showers.  Thunderstorms.  Flash Flood Watch.  Fog.  Lightning.  Mushrooms growing in clumps.  Moss in places that you didn't think things could grow on.  Snakes being driven from the creeks.  Toads and frogs in abundance.

Sounds like an Addam's Family Wedding, not October in Eastern PA.

Jeez Rob, that sounds kinda Biblical when you think about it! Not the Addam's Family Wedding, but the other stuff. 

On a brighter note, we just had a lovely, refreshing downpour, which seems to have boosted the humidity to yet another level entirely!

I forgot his name, thought it was TDAT.  what is that kid's name?

2 hours ago, UTSwiinii said:

I thought the same thing (not that I like snow, just that it's going to 40/70 or just outside). In fact, the current "rain threat" thread starts off with such a depiction. 

(if you want to "hope" for something, take a look at Hr384 on 12z GFS -  in wintertime, such a look would trigger pages of discussion - LOL) 

I just had a feeling that the look of the path with it exiting by tidewater is a classic BM (ish) track (maybe a tad se of it)

2 hours ago, UTSwiinii said:

Only 0.20" over here.

Been pouring here for the past 2 hours and more to come.

CODNEXLAB-1km-LongIsland-rad-ani24-201810112355-100-100-raw.gif

Ripping around DC/Balt/EVA, can clearly see the heavy bands of tropical moisture butting up against the front, tremendous rains. SNJ about to light up with some heavy strong storms

codnexlab.NEXRAD.DOX.N0Q.20181012.051.012ani.gif

Just over 2 inches in the bucket last 3 hours and still coming down

codnexlab.NEXRAD.OKX.N0Q.20181012.052.012ani.gif