• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Phased Vort

October 23-26, 2018 | Clipper | Rain & Snow Coastal Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

No flakes here, was down to 34.3°, but now creeping back up. 36.1° currently. Quite the raw feel out there.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Haha I tried man, melts before it hits the ground and limited lighting out in the middle of nowhere lol

2559735F-1244-4031-9591-035C1582E3CB.jpeg

Anyone notice the guy standing there?

wxdsman.PNG.4c44a6d7d05adb1af08e0f5a265cffaa.PNG

At first I thought it was a vertical shot looking up the side of a building with the bright light as a corner security light but then saw the guy and had to tell my mind to reboot and re-orientate now it looks like a guy standing, and he's holding a bouquet of something, flowers or maybe it's just the way his jacket is flapping? And the arrow is pointing to the horizon / sky, the bright light could be a vehicle's headlights.

Or maybe it's the Altmar snowman making his rounds on the night of first snow and Halloween...

• Haha 2
  • Wow! 1

You can really see the effects of elevation on the accums here with the event on Killington's webcams:

https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain

Looks like a couple inches on the North Ridge cam at about 4100' or so, while Bear Mtn at 2100' has snow falling but no accums and here at 800', just plain cold rain...37F outside and drizzly...

5 hours ago, telejunkie said:

You can really see the effects of elevation on the accums here with the event on Killington's webcams:

https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain

Looks like a couple inches on the North Ridge cam at about 4100' or so, while Bear Mtn at 2100' has snow falling but no accums and here at 800', just plain cold rain...37F outside and drizzly...

Superstar Cam shows it all in one image. :classic_ohmy:!

1500885925_Screenshot2018-10-24at4_16_21PM.thumb.png.ac17760bf2ce39bd41260d8f3851b4a6.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Here are some totals from the 1st snowfall of the season for New England..

Source:

DqSz7FJXQAAVcFB.jpg

The skies have looked ominous today, and the temperature has hovered near 36 degrees all day.  I am hoping we can get a few flakes out of this.  Anything we get out of this will be better than Saturday's washout.

Edited by bobbo428

Flash freeze here tonight as my decks all are zamboni smooth...almost ate serious $#!t stepping outside on my way to get some wood tonight. Even once I knew they were froze over, was still scary, especially with wood in hand...definitely one of the smoothest glaze overs i’ve experienced.

Looks like accumulations on local mountains started around 1800' or so...a beautiful drive to work this morning.

Edited by telejunkie