Find results in...
White Christmas?

Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Poconosnow

November 1-7, 2018 | Fropa(s)

Staff Recommended Posts

0.29" at 10:30 AM.

• Like 1

Been nothing but rain, drizzle and fog since 7 am yesterday never dried out at all. Almost all the leaves down past 24 hours, soaked and plastered to the pavement.

fog.PNG

Heavy rain about to start the afternoon puddle dodge.

heavyrain.PNG

• Like 1

I don't remember  seeing  rain like this thinking about building an ark:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

I use to enjoy the occasional rainy day, however this is becoming VERY DEPRESSING. :classic_sad:  

image.png.5768bbed686fb1078a80069fadb6ae81.png

• Like 1

It's raining hard...creeks were already running very high, wondering if we'll get a Flood warnings pop up...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wx_WhatWX? said:

I use to enjoy the occasional rainy day, however this is becoming VERY DEPRESSING. :classic_sad:  

image.png.5768bbed686fb1078a80069fadb6ae81.png

:weathermanf3:

:update: well as the day goes on not much has changed rainy calm winds cool and foggy .

but look at the bright side sunny wed warm sooner or later the rain has to stop:i-ve-got-it:

1 minute ago, brodoser1 said:

:update: well as the day goes on not much has changed rainy calm winds cool and foggy .

but look at the bright side sunny wed warm sooner or later the rain has to stop:i-ve-got-it:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Nice line of showers with embedded storms moving this way, little under 1/2” liquid on the day..

FE8732E9-230C-42B8-8E9B-C74803F3825C.jpeg

Couple early evening shots, canopy 80% clear overall still raining. Rake tomorrow.

20181106_165518.jpg

20181106_165419.jpg

20181106_165410.jpg

After a beautiful morning and early afternoon the clouds are back and rain on the door step. Just crazy not even in the forecast!

northeast_loop.gif

I am surprised this thread didn't wind up producing more attention. There was indeed quite of bit of sheer and convection attached to these systems over the past week. I've been busy with things unrelated and didn't post much but if the temps weren't pretty typical of mid fall, and I didn't know otherwise, I'd have insisted it was June/July/Aug with the wind/rain bands that kept coming through. Severe weather has been quite widespread in the Northeast this fall and severe events of a localized nature do seem to spring up more often than can be recalled. There was a very, very long stretch there of systems coming through in the fall/early winter with no real *bite* attached to them. This year is definitely getting a bit active now. 

Just locally through Northern NJ and the lower Hudson Valley: There were/are a lot of wet leaves on roads. A lot of trees have lost leaves due to these frontal passages. It's wet, soggy ,and now getting cold. Backend snows on one of these events seems ever more likely now. I'll be 25 degrees colder than I was @ the same hour the morning after Halloween by tomorrow morning. I was supposed to be in the 50's if you looked at our forecast last week. I'll be at 35-37 by sunrise on Nov. 8th. Not bad. 

Edited by 90sBlizzards