• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Poconosnow

November 9-10, 2018 | Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

About 15 minutes ago we had a ten second burst of what looked like graupel. Then, a few minutes later a couple brief squalls. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, plowxpress said:

Got a blizzard squall going on here in the LV. First flakes, here we go!

Have an alert for a snowquall here, in New Paltz. On and off graupel and flakes this am so far.. Definitely unexpected. 

Edited by HVSNOWSTORM
  • Like 1

I grabbed a quick 30-40 second video of it on my phone. Wind/snow/graupel in Middletown NY @ 10:15-11:15am. With wind chills dropping down into the teens and 20's widespread the next few nights, we are definitely looking at an official early start to things.  

Wednesday now has a forecast high of 36 here with a low of 21. 

Edited by 90sBlizzards
  • Like 1

First flakes here!  Very quick couple of flurries and its blue sky again.  Only by chance did I see it, called my son over to confirm (his eyes are better).

• Like 3

Same here.... At work in West Hartford. I must have a sixth sense. Was in a room with no windows doing something for work and just have this feeling it was snowing. Went to the window opened it up and lo and behold we were getting a snow shower. Always love the first flakes of the season

• Like 1

A mix of rain and snow has flipped over to all snow in Southern Dutchess County in NY. Wind really cranking also.

WUNIDS_map?station=ENX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&showstorms=10&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=400&centery=240&transx=0&transy=0&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=1&lightning=0&smooth=0&rand=25697821&lat=0&lon=0&label=you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 90sBlizzards said:

I grabbed a quick 30-40 second video of it on my phone. Wind/snow/graupel in Middletown NY @ 10:15-11:15am. With wind chills dropping down into the teens and 20's widespread the next few nights, we are definitely looking at an official early start to things.  

Wednesday now has a forecast high of 36 here with a low of 21. 

Hey MIddletown ct here

Ok first snow flakes here Cromwell got up look out my window and boom the white stuff and there gone lol 😂 

Update for storm last night .75 inches of rain now very windy gusts to 20 mph 

Yesterday in my area, it was raining for almost the whole day. It has been sunny, chilly, and gusty outside today. I'm also a new member by the way. :classic_smile:

Edit: Oh Wow! My first page topper!!!!! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by SnowDude
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SnowDude said:

Yesterday in my area, it was raining for almost the whole day. It has been sunny, chilly, and gusty outside today. I'm also a new member by the way. :classic_smile:

Edit: Oh Wow! My first page topper!!!!! :classic_biggrin:

Welcome dude

B8DD1FBC-1816-424C-8BD6-4BA7DCE28858.jpeg

Edited by Poconosnow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Poconosnow said:

Welcome dude

B8DD1FBC-1816-424C-8BD6-4BA7DCE28858.jpeg

Thank you! I’m looking forward to this winter!:classic_smile:

Well - it's officially winter driving season in PA now that one of the first I-80 pile ups has happened.

i80.PNG.111704dc069b1dc937d653e6e00c4f93.PNG

• Wow! 1

Down to 25.7°, coldest morning of the season.

Walked through a bunch of rain in Rhode Island, jacket pretty much destroyed, waterproofing completely gone. It is very old, though. I see it dropped to 27°F overnight, hopefully my gauge isn't destroyed...
I did hear from @NorEaster27 that there was snowflakes on the 10th! :classic_ohmy:!

Nice today got all the leaves done took all freaking day but it’s done bring on the snow ️ 

I was ever so close to heavy snow/wind out of this. It would have been a winter wonderland. I was sitting at like 34 degrees with a bitter cold rain and consistent winds/gusts for hours.