Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Phased Vort

November 12-14, 2018 | Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Thanks still getting used to this new site.

• Like 1

Been pouring here the entire overnight

NE Radar

radar823.gif

I did a quick search of windham mtn and hunter mtn web cams, it looks like they got snow that switched over to rain at the base, but about half way up 1300ft or so it stayed snow.

Officially on the board for '18-'19 with an 1" overnight...been rain since I woke up though...may have been a bit more prior to the changeover.

• Like 3

This has been a predictable event in our area-it looks like rain the rest of the way for us, and they have raised today's high from 35-39. No surprises here. 

Looks like I'm going to get an afternoon full of mood flakes / white rain. Light snow just began falling out of the dreary overcast skies :yahoo:

2095587214_11-1316zRadarMoodFlakes.png.92fa1517b823acb0d688a8cb9549fde2.png

It has rained overnight in my area. We had a lot of rain this year!

Dumping snow in northeast Vermont.  4"+ accumulation on my car this morning, and it was still coming down hard.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NEK said:

Dumping snow in northeast Vermont.  4"+ accumulation on my car this morning, and it was still coming down hard.

Congratulations!!  It is 33 here with almost 2 inches of snow accumulating.  We have seen no rain here up to this point.  The limbs on pine trees are very weighed down.  Roads are covered in slush.  This is a nice start to winter.

• Like 2

Video clip from my commute, on I-93 north, in St Johnsbury VT a little after 10AM (time stamp on video is off by an hour . . . need to adjust for the time change).  (edit: not sure how make the attached video smaller . . . it's crawling off the page :/  )

Edited by NEK
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, NEK said:

Video clip from my commute, on I-93 north, in St Johnsbury VT a little after 10AM (time stamp on video is off by an hour . . . need to adjust for the time change).  (edit: not sure how make the attached video smaller . . . it's crawling off the page :/  )

Looks like VTrans is making sure to keep the interstate nice and plowed ;)

• Haha 1

There's currently a ~200 knot jet stream over the Northeast as I type. This doesn't happen every day ...

11-13 12z NAM 250mb jet.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NEK said:

Not sure if this works for videos too, but when making or editing posts I can double click on images and a mini screen pops up where the image size can be manipulated.

• Thanks 1

Current OBS 32.6F. It's coming down at a good clip. The rain/snow line seems to be holding just south of Mars Hill.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20181113162636535_COVER.thumb.jpg.0d1b6e16f1b8cf54a7e30fbbdb60a39d.jpg

rs_kcbw_wdtp1_1542144364.png

• Like 7

So active in multiple locations...

mostly cloudy breezy day here cool 37 and dropping

:Weather3:

Edited by brodoser1