Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WINTER IS HERE!

Don't be a guest on the outside, click on the register button and live the dream...

Amazing how wrong the models got this one when they were under 100 hours from the event. Which brings me back to the question I ask myself many times each winter: 'why do I even look at the models outside of 48-72 hours?' :352nmsp::classic_laugh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Amazing how wrong the models got this one when they were under 100 hours from the event. Which brings me back to the question I ask myself many times each winter: 'why do I even look at the models outside of 48-72 hours?' :352nmsp::classic_laugh:

they suck you in and get ya excited then disappoint you near the actual event.:Lightning:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

My guess is that you just forgot over the summer and it won’t ever happen again.:classic_wink:

• Like 2

Mood flakes at best for MBY. Doesn't hurt my feelings in the slightest. Hopefully this won't be a theme for this winter though...

We ended up with some decent totals out of this one, for this early in the season that is. Sitting at 1.5” and the snow is pretty much wrapped up. Not bad given that my official forecast this morning called for a 50% chance of a rain/snow mix with less than one half inch of accumulation.

9A86D24F-B15E-4AB3-B2FB-2B6F2EDEB01B.thumb.jpeg.ae15ac5c1f8559b5a10d574704cd183a.jpeg

• Like 3

Meh, we got an icy dusting on car rooftops and grassy surfaces this morning. Only flakes I saw were mixed with rain last night around 9 after coming out of the gym. Definitely underperformed here but it was nice to see the ground covered with white briefly this morning. Just more unseasonable cold ahead. something tells me we won't see decent snow for a very long time in my backyard. Feels like that kind of winter. 

23 minutes ago, StL WeatherJunkie said:

Quite a few cold/snow records already coming out of the LSX office:

8329410_NovSTLRecords.thumb.png.1b333c48d724af2bedd5e444a1e78e96.png

Also, with the clouds clearing some nice images of current snow cover are emerging.

11-13 Visible Snow cover.gif

3 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Meh, we got an icy dusting on car rooftops and grassy surfaces this morning. Only flakes I saw were mixed with rain last night around 9 after coming out of the gym. Definitely underperformed here but it was nice to see the ground covered with white briefly this morning. Just more unseasonable cold ahead. something tells me we won't see decent snow for a very long time in my backyard. Feels like that kind of winter. 

At least Toledo got a -SN at 1.5 miles visibility. That's something. Obviously, the early season is never very snowy. Like, I never saw 6" in October or early November in Toledo.