• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Tracking latest odds and possible events for the holidays

TheDayAfterTommorow

December 2-4, 2018 | Winter Storm Potential

Staff Recommended Posts

32.2° and raining.  With so little frost in the ground, and snowpack since mid Nov, it's been an unusually muddy "fall".

• Like 1

Rain ️ 39deg .50 inches 

21 minutes ago, brodoser1 said:

Rain ️ 39deg .50 inches 

I know this probably isn't the most popular thing to say, but I don't mind the rain on the weekends, much better for those who are working outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaineJay said:

I know this probably isn't the most popular thing to say, but I don't mind the rain on the weekends, much better for those who are working outside.

:police-smiley-emoticon:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, MaineJay said:

32.2° and raining.  With so little frost in the ground, and snowpack since mid Nov, it's been an unusually muddy "fall".

agreed. . the Mud combined with a st benard = equals a complete utter mess in the house! I can't wait for the ground to freeze. . I can't mop any more this fall!

• Haha 2

Not raining currently, just cloudy, foggy, dismal. Not intending to whine or be a Debby Downer, just stating facts. The weather has basically sucked here since early summer. It rains almost every other day. Really glad we didn't go with solar panels.:BlackCloud02:

• Haha 2

Miserable day.  Was supposed to be in the 50's and some afternoon sun.  Instead just mist, drizzle and cold.  45 degrees and .58" of rain.

Did anyone spill the gray paint?

1850750653_nwshaz.us_ne(4).thumb.png.506cf94834c1a9969374bd0f44e2d60e.png

Jokes aside, there has been some pretty serious fog formation. As soon as the mist stopped, it really started to build up...

Light rain and drizzle and foggy all day 38/40 deg on to the next one 

Skied at Bretton Woods, northern NH yesterday.  Started with snow in the early morning, transitioned to rain mid-morning, then heavy rain after lunch, then lifts closed mid-afternoon when the lightning started striking.  First time I've had to stop skiing due to lightning O_o

• Wow! 2

35 minutes ago, NEK said:

Skied at Bretton Woods, northern NH yesterday.  Started with snow in the early morning, transitioned to rain mid-morning, then heavy rain after lunch, then lifts closed mid-afternoon when the lightning started striking.  First time I've had to stop skiing due to lightning O_o

44 F out there, snow is all but disappeared in my backyard. Winds just picked up in a big way, with some 25+ mph gusts, coming out of the west.

Was out in the Sierra on BC trip and we were hiking  over a ridge in early April (very warm day) to get back to our car and a pop up t-storm rolled in unexpectedly, was a scary 20 minutes. Think that was my only time skiing during a t-storm...

How are the ski conditions post-storm? I'm going next week. First time in two years. :classic_biggrin:.

Made it to 45F today before noon.  Temp has fallen to 33F with light snow falling now.  My yard is only about half covered now with snow due to all the melting over the last two days.  The snow that is left should turn into a glacier with temperatures not expected to get above freezing at least through next Monday.

Radar looks nice and juicy.

1930008401_hfd_None_anim(10).gif.f132aaa18f295c4cfbf767752fa79683.gif

• Like 1

Lawn is snow-free (besides snow piles).  Down to 39F from a high temp of 46F. Will be interesting to see how long before the next real “event”. Now starting to doubt the white Christmas thought...which may be premature, but pattern looks to relax by week’s end. Time will tell...

Some good orographic lift on Stowe.

StoweGondola.jpg.15642bf7278551c966dfc55f54e0eac9.jpg

1745720128_hfd_None_anim(6).gif.c10ed47297e8323ad4e5e14e1b76532c.gif