Latest odds and storm events for the holidays tracked

Phased Vort

November 26-28, 2018 | Double Barrel Low | New England Snow Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

Twitter OBS.

Spoiler

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheRex said:

Snow showers have been moving through today but the temperature of 35 has kept from anything new accumulating.  I did drive up to Bolton Valley today and got a few pictures.  They are reporting a season total of 82 inches.  I've attached a couple of pictures in the spoiler.

BV usually gets rocked during those upslope events....don't they average in 300-350" range? We generally miss out on those down this way, so this one was fun cause we actually got in on that wrap-around moisture.

14 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

BV usually gets rocked during those upslope events....don't they average in 300-350" range? We generally miss out on those down this way, so this one was fun cause we actually got in on that wrap-around moisture.

Bolton says they average 300" but I think that may be generous.  They are located in what I would call a mini box canyon so at times the northern section of the ski area can get a noticeable greater amount of snow than what falls at their southern section. Last March was kind to them with an event that lasted 4 days and saved a ski season that I had written off in February.

16 hours ago, TheRex said:

Bolton says they average 300" but I think that may be generous.  They are located in what I would call a mini box canyon so at times the northern section of the ski area can get a noticeable greater amount of snow than what falls at their southern section. Last March was kind to them with an event that lasted 4 days and saved a ski season that I had written off in February.

Tell me about it...we were back to basically brown trails by the end of President's week with that two week stretch with 50s, 60s and even one day in the mid-70s. Didn't think Bromley was going to be open by early March...what a turn around March was.

As for BV...most areas are generous with their reports...many spot their markers in wind-load zones so can be deceiving. Remember going to Jay on an 8" "powder day"...couldna been more 3 inches on 90% of the mountain. I'm usually pretty happy with my local's for their snow reports, Magic>Bromley>Stratton (magic most honest – like mad river, while stratton being the most questionable).

56 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Tell me about it...we were back to basically brown trails by the end of President's week with that two week stretch with 50s, 60s and even one day in the mid-70s. Didn't think Bromley was going to be open by early March...what a turn around March was.

As for BV...most areas are generous with their reports...many spot their markers in wind-load zones so can be deceiving. Remember going to Jay on an 8" "powder day"...couldna been more 3 inches on 90% of the mountain. I'm usually pretty happy with my local's for their snow reports, Magic>Bromley>Stratton (magic most honest – like mad river, while stratton being the most questionable).

It is almost like more expensive the ticket, the more "generous" they are on their ski report.  I've been to Jay on one of those days.  They told me all the new snow blows into the trees.  Plus, if they were willing to rip off all those investors, what is a couple of inches of extra snow on a report🤣

• Haha 1