• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
White Christmas?

Tracking latest odds and possible events for the holidays

snowlover2

December 8-10, 2018 | Potential Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

0z ARW, NMM, & WRF-NSSL are all all south. Have to wait on ARW2 until later.

4 minutes ago, viiseven said:

That northward tick really makes a difference for me. Here's hoping for more on the next run. 

I agree! I wish that it would come just a tick further North than that NAM 3km run as well... It has me in about 3" here in Stone county MO , but if it would just bobble North just a hair, I would be in the 6-8" range Lol

RGEM, GFS...all south.

Either NAM 3km is the hero or just totally wrong. Right now I think the latter.

8 minutes ago, Grace said:

RGEM, GFS...all south.

Either NAM 3km is the hero or just totally wrong. Right now I think the latter.

I agree whether I want to or not. The convection along the coast is gonna be an issue, preventing northward progression I'm afraid. 

25 minutes ago, viiseven said:

I agree whether I want to or not. The convection along the coast is gonna be an issue, preventing northward progression I'm afraid. 

Only other possibility is that the models are having convective feedback issues...but I doubt it.

Well.... The local meteorologist from KOLR Channel 10 in Springfield, Mo has dropped the expected snowfall for my area in southern Missouri from 4-6" down to 1-3" now. He also pointed out that it may erode the totals even more by tomorrow, do to the models coming on board with the dry air that is coming from the north, keeping the system pushed south into Arkansas.... That's blows, was really hoping to make some money plowing... Lol... Next storm please.... 😬

Well...my towel was thrown but 03z SREF has moved north. So..guess I'll watch 12z after all. 

Screenshot_20181207-052148.jpg

1 hour ago, Grace said:

Well...my towel was thrown but 03z SREF has moved north. So..guess I'll watch 12z after all. 

Screenshot_20181207-052148.jpg

Oh I'll still be watching. Just not expecting anything at this point. 

• Like 1

National Weather Service has dropped my area to only 1-2" now... Oh well, it was fun watching it Lol

It tries....but HP & keep it south & dry air keeps precip shield from expanding & overruning north. Do...its over. Ky/tn border "might" still be in play.

• Like 1

The models love to play with us...

I highly recommend looking at people's responses to that tweet. Pretty hilarious.

• Like 1

DJkuo- those replies were hilarious :classic_biggrin:

A damn shame what happened to this storm. Oh well. Plenty of winter left.

• Sad 2

I'm now under a WINTER STORM WARNING! Wow!! How fast things change. High pressure finally backed off & unleashed the hounds 

20181208_211608.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grace said:

I'm now under a WINTER STORM WARNING! Wow!! How fast things change. High pressure finally backed off & unleashed the hounds 

20181208_211608.jpg

👍

3 hours ago, Grace said:

20181208_211608.jpg

Congrats Grace. Maybe I'll luck into a storm one of these days. Been way too long. 

11 hours ago, Grace said:

20181208_211608.jpg

Congrats bro. Keep us posted on what you get.

Well...that was nothing...lol. Moderate freezing rain moved in & it appeared we'd be in moderate & heavy precip all night, hence the upgrade to warning. Within 20 minutes after warning upgrade the dry cold air made another push & precip evaporated...lol. It was like the HP was a person wanting to mess with METS & make them look foolish & it did. We did not get hardly another drop, pellet, or flake after that. 😏

it's sad when my friends and family in richmond VA get bigger storms the past few years than I have here in ohio. sigh. lol

14 minutes ago, bman10 said:

it's sad when my friends and family in richmond VA get bigger storms the past few years than I have here in ohio. sigh. lol

Preach my friend. I moved from Richmond a little over 3 years ago to Cincy (NKY).

4th winter here now... same story. They keep getting dumped on (6"+ at least once a winter), while the biggest single snow I've seen here is 3.5". Stings yet again.

Edited by NKYSnowLover
  • Like 1