Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

snowlover2

December 13-15, 2018 | Potential Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

12z GFS-FV3 is decent for Ohio.

ahhh yes the first "backside snow" tease of the winter :chicken_dance-176:  With a storm that strong though, I would have to imagine there would be quite a cold sector wrapping in behind

As of yesterday, CPC thinking it goes to NE.  Let's see if their forecast bounces around like the models.

a1.PNG

17 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

ECM is not interested 

1.png

Surprised there’s zero cold air being shown on that particular run 

i think we should start to get a clearer idea on this one over the next few days, even then a lot of issues will have to work themselves out. There’s a system that looks to be around somewhere, where will it go? Will it have cold air to work with? And last but not least how big can the models make this look before screwing us all within 100 hours? 😂😂😂 

3 hours ago, Mulaman984 said:

Surprised there’s zero cold air being shown on that particular run 

Its cutoff again that run, but would've thought a very thin band would appear on the backside

1 minute ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

At least the GFS isnt cutoff....step 1

Well that's a lie

gfs_z500_vort_us_39.png

Edited by ohiobuckeye45

12z Euro member 24 please. Almost 2 feet of deformation snow with 50-60 mph gusts. Anyways... 12z introduced new pieces yadda yadda as expected but atleast the storm is still there.

1 hour ago, junior said:

12z Euro member 24 please. Almost 2 feet of deformation snow with 50-60 mph gusts. Anyways... 12z introduced new pieces yadda yadda as expected but atleast the storm is still there.

Member 24 would probably get my flight canceled, which would be better than missing the entire storm.  I'd still rather this be a Thursday-Friday storm so I'm hoping for something faster. 

We’re all here, patiently waiting to see how this one doesnt work out 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CincySnow said:

We’re all here, patiently waiting to see how this one doesnt work out 😂😂

exactly lmao :classic_tongue:

at least there's activity though 

Edited by bman10

Euro shows 2 feet of snow(max 2.6" liquid equivalent) for parts of IL, scraping IN, and even a smidgen into KY. 50-60 mph gusts... Pure paste snow to boot.  I'd post but at work.

Edited by junior

Not many solutions that start the snowfall either Late Thursday or Early Friday on the Euro ensembles.  We got a week out so I won't fret, but it's starting to look like I might miss out on something epic lol. 

I will say that the 0z GEFS ensembles are singing earlier precipitation for CMH, but most of them are forecasting rain right now. 

1 hour ago, Ingyball said:

Not many solutions that start the snowfall either Late Thursday or Early Friday on the Euro ensembles.  We got a week out so I won't fret, but it's starting to look like I might miss out on something epic lol. 

Already feel letdown this year. I'm going to refrain any and all excitement until 24 hours out. It's gonna be a long winter......ugh....

• Like 1

Just now, ohiobuckeye45 said:

:negative:

Ugh. If this thing misses us to the West...!