Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

Staff Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, lynniethelurker said:

I think it's safe to say this was the first time in my life that thunderstorms were threatening while I was outside in a long-sleeved tee putting up the Christmas lights. Got chased in by a downpour....2018, weirdest weather year I can remember.

And I put mine up in mid-November during a snowstorm.  Hopefully it won't be snowing in June when I take them down😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of upsloping in Stowe. Lifts got closed due to high winds, rightfully so, but lots of snow blowing around. Even down in the town center it is still snowing, can't imagine what is accumulating on the summit. I guess daylight will reveal it.

I believe it was the NAM that had these amounts in CT

DE14B2EB-36CF-4354-B705-5AA49CB57CD1.thumb.jpeg.ebefba053c640fb6e6b8e39c7efad522.jpeg

50DBF00B-FBFB-4490-9567-91EA02EC3E4D.thumb.jpeg.6424a5afbaf53969d613e0524d78bcb6.jpeg

Edited by StretchCT

Not much was heard about a mteotsunami from this storm that hit the  Castaway Cottages area on Captiva Island around noon Thursday (google maps). I barely caught the blurb myself this morning; What's that? There was a what in FL?

This link from the local news station has a video that shows the wave coming in to the homes, it was about knee deep: Tsunami-like wave caught on camera hitting Captiva Island At 1:50 in, the local met gives an explanation on how it occurred.

There's a longer version here: VIDEO: FL Meteotsunami pushes wave of water into homes along Sanibel Island There's a bit of surf near the homes, a guy walking around carrying his brunch and when he disappears is when the wave comes in. There's about 20seconds of confusion until the phone gets held right again and finishes up with the locals checkin' the damage.

• Like 1