Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

ohiobuckeye45

December 23rd-25th Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

0z Euro....I didnt see posted so. It's the system over Texas panhandle 

Screenshot_20181213-125542_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

12z White Christmas

1.gif

Actually, the accepted definition of WC is at least 1" snow on the ground at 7 a.m. Christmas morning. So that map does not quite go out far enough - need the next 12Hr time stamp. 

A white Christmas is defined as having 1 inch or more of snow on the ground Christmas morning.

https://www.weather.gov/dvn/ChristmasSnow

White Christmas

This is shaping up to be the most boring winter I've experienced in a while. Didn't think we could do worse than last year either tbh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MidMichiganWX said:

This is shaping up to be the most boring winter I've experienced in a while. Didn't think we could do worse than last year either tbh. 

I'm not giving up hope yet.

But boring winters do suck.  My youngest is 4 years old, and he loves snow.  Unfortunately, I don't think he has seen a real "snowstorm" event in his life.  Just clippers and mood flakes. 

not much worthy of posting from the last handful of runs. Hoping one of these smaller clippers can drop an inch or 2 at some point

1 hour ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

White Christmas 

Oh, hey, I might have 0.5" of snow on the ground! (would be the most for this month, sadly)

models seem to be honing in on a similar storm to today/tomorrow around the 21st now. The ECM shows the clipper above as well, a hair north 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:48 AM, Mulaman984 said:

From cranky’s write-up this morning (12/13):

There is plenty of support for a potential significant storm system during the "Christmas Week" yet we simply won't have a good handle on that for another 5-7 days. We have multiple sub-patterns switching off their dominance and it'd be impossible to determine just how our jet stream flows may align that week and what disturbances may arrive in those pipelines to develop a storm system. Until proven otherwise you actually hedge towards anticipating one. If thinking wintry spirit I think it'd be more of an Ohio Valley to North East snowfall threat as the Mid-Atlantic would likely be more of a sub-tropical warmer inclusion and thus rain. We'll get to it when it matters.

Still lots of time for things to get their act together between now and the date range.  Idk whats up with all the negativity (not your post mulaman, just wanted to reiterate cranky’s thoughts).

Additionally, this period has support from BSR.  

Edited by CincySnow

Don’t have time to post - but Cranky’s recent blogs have stated he doesn’t agree with the week 4 warm up. Fwiw