Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

telejunkie

December 27-28, 2018 | WAA — Cold Front

Staff Recommended Posts

Went from 41->46F since midnight. Getting close to half an inch of rain so far. Getting to the point I'm ready to cry uncle and it's not even Jan 1. 

1/2" so far, very granular texture

Now up to 33F and rain but a solid coating of sleet and ice accretion out there.

RAIN IN CROMWELL CT

I AM JUST  GOING TO COPY AND PASTE THIS :classic_huh: TO SAVE ME TIME :classic_tongue:

Edited by brodoser1

3 hours ago, ryanduff said:

Went from 41->46F since midnight. Getting close to half an inch of rain so far. Getting to the point I'm ready to cry uncle and it's not even Jan 1. 

At 9:30, up to 50F and 1.1" rain. 

:FlagWave:

There were 2" here in Cumberland, but over to rain now.  Still 25.2° back at my place which is further inland. 

• Like 1

Radar for my area shows the bulk of the moisture has shifted east, honestly this is earlier than I expected but I'll take it and run. Temps are up but it just feels raw outside. I was at a structure fire this morning during the height of the rain and it was pretty miserable out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Radar for my area shows the bulk of the moisture has shifted east, honestly this is earlier than I expected but I'll take it and run. Temps are up but it just feels raw outside. I was at a structure fire this morning during the height of the rain and it was pretty miserable out.

The warmth is coming. Rain tapering off here in northeastern Maryland, but the temps are already up to 55F :classic_blink:

51º out with moderate steady rain.  Looks like two waves for me, now and 6-8pm.  HRRR is keeping most of the heavier stuff in NJ/LI and Coastal areas of SNE.

image.thumb.png.23b8cde70102ceb84afdceefbfd65b25.png

5 minutes ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Bunker gear often gets soaked fighting a structure fire....but when it's raining out so you can't just take off your coat without cover...just sucks imho.

Currently 36F out there with some sprinkles.

• Like 1

Temps just spiked to 36° in the last hour. Over 1/8 ice accretion over all surfaces here in N. Central Mass. Really slick out there. Over 40 accidents this morning just in my town ranging from people not able to stop at the end of their driveways to the standard spin outs on highway and local roads.

1 hour ago, StretchCT said:

51º out with moderate steady rain.  Looks like two waves for me, now and 6-8pm.  HRRR is keeping most of the heavier stuff in NJ/LI and Coastal areas of SNE.

image.thumb.png.23b8cde70102ceb84afdceefbfd65b25.png

Yet, even in rain situations Toms River NJ has the highest totals (the pink stripe in Ocean County, NJ)

1.15 inches of rain so far this storm, now over  70.5 inches imby for 2018.  Make....  it...... stop!

• Sad 1

No surprises whatsoever—our usual third of an inch of rain. We have at least a week of bare ground or close to it to look forward to.

In shocking news (at least to me) we busted way low so far with temps today. Forecast was for a high of 48F here and so far have topped out at 38F. My valley is known to torch under WAA (SW flow), and often can be among the warmest spots in New England under these conditions. NWS often busting way too low of a high temp in their forecast...but not today. Hmm...actually feel like this happened last week as well, then Friday evening temps cranked into the 50s.

Rain returned shortly after noon, temps started shedding degrees. Dropped from a high of 57F to 47F now. Sitting at just over 1.5" of rain so far. 

• Like 1

Same old, same old. It's Friday, it's raining. We have 52 dank, desolate degrees. Local met said this was the first December in 120 years with no measurable snowfall. Lovely. I'm going back to my cave for more hibernating.

2 hours ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Batch #2 of the rain at least feels a little warmer than batch 1

0.74" total to date

Are you sure, KP?

image.png.90409c7ec83a667f012cbc3becbc7302.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only briefly hit 32.2°, currently 32° on the nose, and been stuck there since about 4.  CAD was strong with this one.

2.5" that's waterlogged.  Hard to tell since it was dark when I got home, but I think there is a glaze on the trees.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

45F and all the Christmas Eve snow has melted.  It almost feels balmy outside.

For ct December  going in the records as the top 5 least   Snowiest  ☹️