Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

UTSwiinii

December 30, 2018 | Minor Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, shaulov4 said:

If this pattern keeps up, I will really start correlating early snows with snowless winters... Oct 2011, Nov 2012....Nov 2018?....

We are a handful of days into winter, relax

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Goalie24 said:

El Nino winters tend to be back loaded. 

18 hours ago, Goalie24 said:

please spare me the we just started winter stuff nothing but rain in the near future for ct .

and that can bring us up to mid jan .snow in feb does not make up for the lack of snow for dec and jan 

but before anybody gets there panties in an uproar lets  let  it all play out . and hope for a change and we all get bombed

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Looks like this is the storm that we were hopeful about a few days ago...

namconus_ref_frzn_seus_fh36-60.thumb.gif.f2ee4cd9bf8f89b25643e2f2cbb7e421.gif

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 1

We are one third the way through Meteorological winter, thats all that matters to me lol

Astronomical Winter goes almost into the end of march, coast needs be lucky to get snow that late..

Coldest 3 months of the year, dec, jan, feb..

• Like 2

I feel December is slipping and March is gaining ground with the cold in recent years. I would go with 2nd half of December and first half of March as the coldest 3 month time frame.

19 minutes ago, Mike W IN ALTMAR said:

We are one third the way through Meteorological winter, thats all that matters to me lol

Astronomical Winter goes almost into the end of march, coast needs be lucky to get snow that late..

Coldest 3 months of the year, dec, jan, feb..

• Like 1

Folks, please again this winter talk in a storm thread?

@UTSwiinii and I, have asked to refrain from this off topic discussion about 3 times already.

Come on, guys.

Do you really want to get a moderation because of repeated off topic discussion?

:classic_blink:

• Confused 1

Yeah, my apologies..

Looks like some more wintry was intruduced into the NWS forecast..

Monday Night
Rain and snow showers before 9pm, then rain showers between 9pm and 3am, then rain and snow showers likely after 3am. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
New Year's Day
Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%

16 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

Folks, please again this winter talk in a storm thread?

@UTSwiinii and I, have asked to refrain from this off topic discussion about 3 times already.

Come on, guys.

Do you really want to get a moderation because of repeated off topic discussion?

:classic_blink:

I'm a bit confused and maybe it's because I come and go... but looking through the previous handful of posts, I'm not exactly sure what's off topic. Could you please be more specific in which posts you feel aren't on topic? IMO what I saw regarding seasonal temps and met/astra winter is related to the weather at hand. Sure it's not a post saying "here's current model x" but it's not "off topic" in the sense we've shifted to talking about the best type of tires to put on a sports car in the snow. 

Just curious every time I see this come up because it's always vague and nobody really knows what mods are alluding to. Being specific saves everyone grief. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ryanduff said:

I'm a bit confused and maybe it's because I come and go... but looking through the previous handful of posts, I'm not exactly sure what's off topic. Could you please be more specific in which posts you feel aren't on topic? IMO what I saw regarding seasonal temps and met/astra winter is related to the weather at hand. Sure it's not a post saying "here's current model x" but it's not "off topic" in the sense we've shifted to talking about the best type of tires to put on a sports car in the snow. 

Just curious every time I see this come up because it's always vague and nobody really knows what mods are alluding to. Being specific saves everyone grief. 

Ok.

The 2 posts right before my post talking about off topic posts, have nothing do with this storm. They talk about winter as a whole, correct ? And we are in a storm specific thread.

• Sad 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, Goalie24 said:

Oh I'm relaxed I've just seen this story before, granted winter just started can't help but notice some concerning and "correlating"  signals 

@MaineJay I moved your posts to the January 1st thread, as they didn't seem to fit what this storm describes. Or at least I think so. Lol.

I believe this little "mass" is what we were tracking earlier.

nam3km_z500_vort_neus_fh14-30.thumb.gif.b7658ae1d56df397f20ae0aa82b920b4.gif

Looks decent, then goes poof. Maybe @JDClapper will get some mood flakes?

nam3km_ref_frzn_neus_fh17-27.thumb.gif.70143d3af1ae857fa822c48c7eb3aa13.gif

"Fixing" the dates. So many storms and missed shots = :yikes-mouse: 

• Thanks 1

Capture.thumb.PNG.3159637e9a27bd4a5cdf58247df67132.PNG

• Love it! 1

21 minutes ago, KENNYP2339 said:

3rd biggest snow this season here

4A6788A3-FC02-410B-8018-9EEB99136431.jpeg

I concur. < 1/4" still flurrying 

Took a bit to upload, but can do it with phone. Pretty cool. Don't think I could do it from the other site. 

20181230_081705.jpg

Edited by Miller A
  • Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Happy to report light steady snow here !!! Temp 34 Degrees :classic_smile:

• Love it! 1
  • Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, Miller A said:

I concur. < 1/4" still flurrying 

Took a bit to upload, but can do it with phone. Pretty cool. Don't think I could do it from the other site. 

20181230_081705.jpg

When I was a meter reader for the power company 13 years ago, the yellow house on the bottom right use to have a fat orange cat that would be tied to a run on a leash, I would always feed it treats and we became friends for a couple years, 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Flurries.  Some white stuff on the ground, most visible on darker surfaces. 26 degrees. 

• Love it! 1

30°F and coating. Glad it made it over the Appalachians.

Snow is done. Roof's and grass had a light coating. Its all gone already.

Woke up about 8:30 AM to some light snow / flurries.  Sun is now out at almost 10 AM. 

56 minutes ago, Solstice said:

30°F and coating. Glad it made it over the Alp Appalachians.

Edit fix - :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KENNYP2339 said:

When I was a meter reader for the power company 13 years ago, the yellow house on the bottom right use to have a fat orange cat that would be tied to a run on a leash, I would always feed it treats and we became friends for a couple years, 

I thought I replied before. Maybe I got flagged for OT. You really know where  this is? I'm not even sure of street name on the next block. 

I may change to .25. I think I gotta convert centimeters to inches. 

20181230_093326.jpg