Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
East Coast Rain Blues

Why cold and snow is out and wet a warm remains the theme in the East, join in the conversation.

snowlover2

January 11-13 2019 Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

Rob you getting heavier snow? Looks like there's heavier radar returns near/over you.

4 minutes ago, Snow_____ said:

If that last push can produce like it’s saying it will I’d be one happy camper here. 3-4 inches in that band. Yes please.

Would be a decent birthday present wouldn't it brother?

• Love it! 1

There's actually a nice band of 35-40dbz from just south of Dayton to Chillicothe. Moderate snow here currently and if that band is snow it should really be ripping soon.

• Like 1

Snow and sleet falling now.  Temps 29.6 degrees

Just now, snowlover2 said:

There's actually a nice band of 35-40dbz from just south of Dayton to Chillicothe. Moderate snow here currently and if that band is snow it should really be ripping soon.

Sleet mixed in with that....Occasional pings.

I'm assuming this band between Cincy & Dayton is sleet mixing in quiet a bit? If not that's  1-2/rate snow band. Anyone confirm?

Screenshot_20190112-163609.jpg

Edited by Grace

1 minute ago, Grace said:

I'm assuming this band between Cincy & Dayton is sleet mixing in quiet a bit? If not that's  1-2/rate snow band. Anyone confirm?

Screenshot_20190112-163609.jpg

I'm where the O in Dayton is. Just went out and measured 4.5". It currently is moderate snow with some big flakes. Rob is just sw of me and said he has some sleet mixing in.

• Thanks 1

Basically some light sleet falling now.  That high reflectivity signal would make one think it is ripping whatever precip.  Nope...

That band near cincy doesnt even really get going until about 4AM and prior to it getting going radar looks pretty bleak so I wouldnt let that Influence anything...for those who will actually be up for it

Just now, snowlover2 said:

I'm where the O in Dayton is. Just went out and measured 4.5". It currently is moderate snow with some big flakes. Rob is just sw of me and said he has some sleet mixing in.

All light sleet at the moment.

Interested to see what this band has in store. 

IMG_8311.PNG

1 minute ago, RobB said:

All light sleet at the moment.

Still all snow here with the biggest flakes of the event. 

12 minutes ago, CIWeather said:

Would be a decent birthday present wouldn't it brother?

It definitely will be. I hope it does.

Now I have ZR/Sleet mix :)

3 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

That band near cincy doesnt even really get going until about 4AM and prior to it getting going radar looks pretty bleak so I wouldnt let that Influence anything...for those who will actually be up for it

I’ll be up for it cause why not 😂😂 don’t have to work and nothing planned tomorrow so I’ll be up to see if heavy snow indeed falls.

@Cary67looks to have been in this band that stretches from N IL across Lake Michigan and into Michigan that has not moved much. Appears to be pretty decent rates according to radar. Meanwhile, the snow over Chicago has dissipated completely. Probably all she wrote here aside from some light snow that might amount to a tenth or two. Should end up around 2.5" probably. Much better than I had expected. 

Can’t remember if I said above or not but I took an unofficial unscientific finger measurement. Stuck it in the snow on my car and it appeared to be about 2.5 inches or so.

Still mostly snow here some huge flakes that will pile up quickly, just a couple of drops of sleet maybe. 

3" here - temp down to 28.9 & snow is back to being dry and fluffy, so probably some okay ratios the rest of the way.

Heavy snow with huge flakes here. Always a plus to be just above the mix zone until it gets here of course :classic_laugh:. Looks like a good 4-5" has fallen. I gotta drive in this mess to work in a few hours .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chicagosnow said:

@Cary67looks to have been in this band that stretches from N IL across Lake Michigan and into Michigan that has not moved much. Appears to be pretty decent rates according to radar. Meanwhile, the snow over Chicago has dissipated completely. Probably all she wrote here aside from some light snow that might amount to a tenth or two. Should end up around 2.5" probably. Much better than I had expected. 

Yes still snowing moderately here

Back to snow :)

• Like 2