Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Major Winter Storm

Big snow maker to cross country into this weekend, join the conversation!

Phased Vort

January 12-14, 2019 | Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Miller A said:

We are all "fair weather fans,"  which is kind of ironic

page topper...boom!

slow night, so lame joke.....

what did the elephant say to the naked man?

"Hey, that's cute, but can you breathe through it?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Any thoughts on the other short range models? HRDPS is especially juicy IMBY

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

Read through MW thread, system is definitely outperforming there. Sadly, this is one of those odd situations where that will only help minimally here further east. It may help some western areas and southern sweet spot areas some, but with the initial low weakening and the 2nd low developing south and then heading out, not going to matter for us peeps further north. It is just that hammer high. Our hope lies in a further north track with initial low. The worst of the worst for snow lovers. Watching a storm weaken as it approaches the east coast, and the moisture basically taking a nose dive southeast to top it off. If above Maryland line heading east, don't like your kids look at the radar. They will be scarred for years. I know, it happened to me. Never recovered.

2 minutes ago, SOMD Tony said:

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

Was going to comment, but I shall tee it up for MD.....

22 minutes ago, RTC2 said:

Easy dog, we A-towners don't take kindly to outsiders, especially when you yuck it up and say we might not get a flake and your ride back might be rough. It might get rough before you get outta here boy !

Well lucky for you its just going to be a pit stop. on the way to northern NJ. There was once a time where I lived in Macungie for about 3 years. So im not fully an outsider

Just now, so_whats_happening said:

Well lucky for you its just going to be a pit stop. on the way to northern NJ. There was once a time where I lived in Macungie for about 3 years. So im not fully an outsider

Hey bud. Macungie counts.

5 minutes ago, SOMD Tony said:

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

ehhh Ill wait to see what HRRR brings about and see if it shows something different.

17 minutes ago, SOMD Tony said:

hrdps_asnow_neus_48.png

1 inch mark north of Trenton?  I’ll belive it when I see it!

It's so frustrating just looking at the Nam and seeing the confluence squash this storm.

Just now, Snow11 said:

It's so frustrating just looking at the Nam and seeing the confluence squash this storm.

Then don't look at the radar tomorrow, It will be worse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

NAM was a beautiful run for NOVA! Trends today seemed to take the heavy snow from the Richmond area and shift north towards DC. Only time will tell 

44 minutes ago, RTC2 said:

Was going to comment, but I shall tee it up for MD.....

Funny thing. I read that post and thought, no way RT doesn't nail this one....giggity 

4 minutes ago, NovaWxWarrior said:

NAM was a beautiful run for NOVA! Trends today seemed to take the heavy snow from the Richmond area and shift north towards DC. Only time will tell 

Yea storm a little slower and confluence a little less on that run.

Since I am bored, up to date update:   https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=PHI&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Speaking of which, current dew point, uh 3, and humidity 40 %. My computer screen just cracked like TDAT scene. Just combed my hair with a roller. Trimmed my nails with a hatchet.

Too early for this ???

Just now, RTC2 said:

Si

Speaking of which, current dew point, uh 3, and humidity 40 %. My computer screen just cracked like TDAT scene. Just combed my hair with a roller. Trimmed my nails with a hatchet.

Too early for this ???

Yeah - I'd have saved some of that for later use.

3 minutes ago, RTC2 said:

Since I am bored, up to date update:   https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=PHI&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Too early for this ???

Tremendous booger production weather 

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still trying to dissect St. Louie post on LR about storms travel south of existing snow pack. Never knew that,, and not sure I buy it at all.

2 minutes ago, MDBlueRidge said:

Tremendous booger production weather 

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Keith3565 said:

Haha sref is finally being sref. I’ve got one member showing 25.7 and 4 over a foot haha........

Sorry 27.3 haha

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/srefplumes/

Dov mean Sref went from 1.74” 15z to 5.14” on the 21z. BWI looks like the 21z sref also now 5.88”. Something seems to be changing 

Edited by Storms R’ US

29 minutes ago, RTC2 said:

Too early for this ???

Humidifier working overtime here!

2 minutes ago, Storms R’ US said:

sref went from 1.74” 15z to 5.14” on the 21z. BWI looks like the 21z sref also now 5.88”. Something seems to be changing 

According to NAM, and reports out west, storm is stronger big time, confluence a little less effect . Lets see how this plays out .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wtkidz said:

updated Sterling Digital forecast. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 7.07.51 PM.png

Guess they saw the SREF trend too. Earlier today that same map set said there was absolutely 0% chance of greater than 6 inches of snow in Fredericksburg. Interesting to see if the trend really verifies.

5 minutes ago, wtkidz said:

Yes it is, and sad ending . Imagine if it would just head east, not southeast, and not smack that high. It would be a perfect bowling ball type system. I luv those. Much less drama.