Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Staff Recommended Posts

Thanks folks...so things seemingly got close to Irene-level bad with similar neighborhoods underwater, but not quite there in my town although interested to survey final damage tomorrow. Back in-service now....still frustrated with Albany office for not posting even a flood watch until this morning and warning until the $#|% was hitting the fan and we’re scrambling to close roads and help stranded people. To me, that is completely irresponsible as signs were there for a potentially dangerous situation. Shame on them. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Thanks folks...so things seemingly got close to Irene-level bad with similar neighborhoods underwater, but not quite there in my town although interested to survey final damage tomorrow. Back in-service now....still frustrated with Albany office for not posting even a flood watch until this morning and warning until the $#|% was hitting the fan and we’re scrambling to close roads and help stranded people. To me, that is completely irresponsible as signs were there for a potentially dangerous situation. Shame on them. 

Flooding all over this area too. The yard outside my apartment building was underwater today and the 'river' next to my building was about 6" away from cresting (normally it's feet to do so). 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

Snowpack held up remarkably well, probably buffeted any worse effects than some street flooding.   Roads are taking a beating with the freeze thaw cycles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Snowpack held up remarkably well, probably buffeted any worse effects than some street flooding.   Roads are taking a beating with the freeze thaw cycles. 

Yes, remarkably the snowpack held up pretty well here too.  I found it to be colder in the valleys than the mtns around here yesterday 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Goalie24 said:

Kind of a depressing day weather wise.... heavy all day rain in the middle of winter.  

yup another snow storm missed

4 hours ago, MaineJay said:

:ditto:

4 hours ago, UpstateNY said:

Here's Hudson River this morning.

"That's my boat"... me: waves at it