Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

snowlover2

January 18-20 2019 Winter Storm

Solstice

A joint album with the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region has been created. Link is below.

Message added by Solstice

Staff Recommended Posts

we're a week and 1-2 days out gentlemen lol, this was a cutter a majority of yesterday. We know there are big time differences between a HP tossing around a 1010 MB low vs something potentially sub 1000. I get the frustration spill over but I would be as excited about the prospects of this one more so than the current one

Edited by ohiobuckeye45
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

we're a week and 1-2 days out gentlemen lol, this was a cutter a majority of yesterday. We know there are big time differences between a HP tossing around a 1010 MB low vs something potentially sub 1000. I get the frustration spill over but I would be as excited about the prospects of this one more so than the current one

For sure.   That comment wasn't supposed to indicate frustration.  Not feeling that way at all.  Thou shalt not bitterly wishcast.   

Edited by ncinthenext3

15 minutes ago, ncinthenext3 said:

For sure.   That comment wasn't supposed to indicate frustration.  Not feeling that way at all.  Thou shalt not bitterly wishcast.   

no blame, and even if you were I wouldn't blame you. I've added my 2 cents in up until this coming storm

Gfs was rather anticlimactic, splits them in 2, first is rather so so to the north and the second morphs in to a yuge Miller A coastal 

Okay, I apologize for cluttering up the threads with my negativity! Just been hoping for a good snow for the area. Hoping we have a few good chances starting  with this one!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Okay, I apologize for cluttering up the threads with my negativity! Just been hoping for a good snow for the area. Hoping we have a few good chances starting  with this one!

Hope is always a good thing

Screenshot_20190111-165746_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

This has ice written all over it as we get closer I would think

You are probably right. Man, this thing will only be about 150 hrs. away once we get through tomorrow's storm. This is how winter tracking should be. Parade of storms through the region.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Not that it matters at all this far out, but the GFS either pops a secondary low, or has CF issues based on these images: 

EB132181-B1F3-4098-8A91-4900BAFB7329.png

6D2E1C70-B442-4536-BB09-8BAF410A717A.png

3C67776A-F94C-4557-9549-3351097CC3EF.png

Canadian has a sub-1000mb eastern lakes cutter FWIW

0z EPS members....many great ones :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Ugh guessing this will end up another mixed bag IMBY. What I'd give right now for an all-snow 10" event! :snow-flake-icon:

CMC almost gets squashed...comes together much further south & then slams mid-Atlantic & NE.

Long way to go with so many influential players in the game: energy interaction, TPV, strong cold HP. It's all about timing as to how it plays out. Devils in the details.

ADVICE:

Get ready for several different types of solutions, tracks...etc. So relax & watch for a few days. Let the dust settle. Don't draw too many unnecessary conclusions off every run. 

:classic_tongue:

• Like 2