Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

ohiobuckeye45

January 26th-27th Clipper

Staff Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

I thought I remember getting told that the Euro sometimes struggles with clippers but I might be thinking of something else. 

That’s the GFS....Euro struggles with energy coming out of the SW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Snowman said:

That’s the GFS....Euro struggles with energy coming out of the SW.

ah ok, thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ingyball said:

I thought I remember getting told that the Euro sometimes struggles with clippers but I might be thinking of something else. 

Often under amplified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FV3 is showing 2 separate weak energies moving through - one on Sat.& the other on Sun. - both drop a general 1-2" with a few 3" lollipops. I'd be down with that as long as we get around to larger portions next week...

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ILX giving the 25thand 28th as the best chances fir any accumulations here. This mornings HWO stated several inches possible this weekend but has since backed off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

we could literally load our board up with clipper threads. As stated above the one after this looks interesting also. It will be worth noting though when the first tracks, and if they proceed south sequentially from there

Really the only storms you'll get when a PV lobe creeps towards the lakes. Need some blocking action over upper NE with a strong STJ vort rolling through and bam.

Edited by junior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we lock in the 18z GFS please? I know I know, too much to ask :classic_laugh:

Edited by CIWeather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_19.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_20.png

I’ll take it for sure. Looks like a good inch or 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snow_____ said:

I’ll take it for sure. Looks like a good inch or 2

I want the 18z GFS lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These snowshowers almost look like mini thunderstorms, if u can get under one you may be pleasantly surprised 

snku_024h.us_ov (2).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

These snowshowers almost look like mini thunderstorms, if u can get under one you may be pleasantly surprised 

snku_024h.us_ov (2).png

From the “ya never know” department, at least there’s a chance of something with “systems” moving thru.  I keep telling myself to enjoy this upcoming week during this meager winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

From the “ya never know” department, at least there’s a chance of something with “systems” moving thru.  I keep telling myself to enjoy this upcoming week during this meager winter.

You got 10 inches the other day and you calling the winter meager lolol. I've got like 7 inches total for the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BigMirg said:

You got 10 inches the other day and you calling the winter meager lolol. I've got like 7 inches total for the season. 

Got to remember averages. North east Ohio snowbelt averages 100" + a year.  It's been meager..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Got to remember averages. North east Ohio snowbelt averages 100" + a year.  It's been meager..

I know it's been meager all around....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6z RGEM has a decent hit for Columbus with this storm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

These snowshowers almost look like mini thunderstorms, if u can get under one you may be pleasantly surprised

Good call!           From CLE this AM.... 'As low levels warm tonight, models show some weak instability developing and expecting to see some better snowfall rates.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ingyball said:

6z RGEM has a decent hit for Columbus with this storm. 

This one may end up being better than the Mon/Tues storm for us Ohioans, who would have guessed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated.  Earlier map also included Monday. (Below map also includes a bit from today.)

image.thumb.png.6415dbaf877f035d5a2a9555b41d5dc7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest HRRR using 10:1 as I am no fan of depending on any ratios.

image.thumb.png.3f6f59575d2af8bee7c066a1409b837b.png

Nice timing, Meso!! :O)

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

14z HRRR

snku_acc.us_mw.png

We posted out graphics at the same damn time :O)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×