Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

Phased Vort

February 5, 2019 | FROPA Precipitation | Retreating Deep Freeze

Staff Recommended Posts

On 1/29/2019 at 10:22 AM, Snobal said:

imo   you must be  within 5  days  to start a storm thread .  anything beyond  that is a fantasy 

I'd say no words but actually I do have something to say. The reason meteorologists try to look further out is to get better. It's like anything you do, if you don't push the envelope you never get better. As far as these boards, identifying patterns and potential is really something that folks can learn. Yes, you need to walk in eyes wide open that things can and will change, but I prefer looking at the big picture rather than sitting in my basement past casting. This storm is warm which isn't all that shocking and that was identified by a number of folks early on. Great job to those that did. 

• Like 3

If this was June or July, I would be looking at the image below and be thinking that we have a subtropical cyclone affecting North Carolina.

Looks pretty nice.

It´s off-topic but needed to register this.

CODNEXLAB-2km-SE_Atlantic-vis-ani24-201902041602-100-100-raw.gif.13378205c469c87e88d45421f98ff9d3.gif

As far as the inclement weather for this thread, some showers or light right associated with e FROPA.

Nothing out of the ordinary indeed.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

The cold front is clearing Maine.

Soon this event and its minor impacts will be over and it will leave some cold air behind to allow for some wintry mix precipitation for the next event that starts on February 6th.

This event ends up as FROPA, a far cry from what was initially advertised by guidance and envisioned on the thread´s opener.

Tough game to play this one! 

60 degrees hear yesterday 

3 minutes ago, brodoser1 said:

60 degrees hear yesterday 

And today so far ?

3 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

And today so far ?

45 and cloudy but today is not over yet 

wow 64 here in ct now sunny

4 hours ago, brodoser1 said:

wow 64 here in ct now sunny

I believe it only (only?  Ha) managed 60 here imby , but my woodsy neighborhood still has snowpack  

Heard it was quite the meltfest up in NNE.

64 here yesterday. There are flies buzzing about. How did they survive that cold spell? I fear it's going to be a nasty season for blood suckers, and insects in general. Seems like what used to be warm-weather bugs survive year-round now. Great!