Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

ohiobuckeye45

January 31st - February 1st Clipper

Staff Recommended Posts

Well it appears because our cold snap will lack the punch and sustainability it once did, will open the door back up for a clipper on the backside of the pattern change. Models all seemingly converged on this in the last 12-18 hours

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_23.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

download (72).png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_21.png

download (69).png

download (70).png

download (71).png

• Like 2

Nothing shows it happening yet, but this could be decent if we get a better phase. We could also lose it completely like the euro shows with high pressure east

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_21.png

2 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

Nothing shows it happening yet, but this could be decent if we get a better phase. We could also lose it completely like the euro shows with high pressure east

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_21.png

12Z icon hinting at the phase 

• Like 1

I have to travel that day...hope it goes away. :classic_wink: The next day, though, bring it!

Edited by Michelle

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I have to travel that day...hope it goes away. :classic_wink: The next day, though, bring it!

If the Euro is correct, there is NOTHING to worry about :)

• Like 1

Well looks like nothing  but cold for my birthday. Boooo. Usually theres a decent storm around then.

This feels more like a classic winter now...i70 nickle and dimes their way to average while last minute storms shift to i80, dead serious too lol. Just how it is around here. Next 2 weeks pattern looks like a December ish repeat pattern but slightly colder for i80 

ECM behind the the curve on this one, finally catching back up 10:1

download.png

Edited by ohiobuckeye45

1 hour ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

snku_024h.us_mw (2).png

snku_024h.us_mw (3).png

IMG_8570.PNG

1 hour ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

This feels more like a classic winter now...i70 nickle and dimes their way to average while last minute storms shift to i80, dead serious too lol. Just how it is around here. Next 2 weeks pattern looks like a December ish repeat pattern but slightly colder for i80 

This current system hitting I80 is close to bust territory for WSW areas. 6-9 predicted maybe 4" fell. Hopefully you guys get in on a storm. Always bust potential though.

• Like 1

Having to take an early acceptance of this one. Already accepting the fact what falls here will take on the trend recently of being around 2 days tops, followed by what im calling the delayed January thaw reset. And then looks like we enter a crazy period for storms, some good some bad being on the extreme eastern side of the trough is gonna play a huge role in probably splitting the thread in half

5 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

Current ongoing clipper is screwing us in Ohio along I-80, and I'm willing to bet this one shunts down towards you guys. 

31 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

Having to take an early acceptance of this one. Already accepting the fact what falls here will take on the trend recently of being around 2 days tops, followed by what im calling the delayed January thaw reset. And then looks like we enter a crazy period for storms, some good some bad being on the extreme eastern side of the trough is gonna play a huge role in probably splitting the thread in half

Can we go ahead & lock-in the Apps Runner at hour 312 of the GFS? :6:

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

ECM shots. total 10:1 then still shot frames to show ratios would obviously be quite high if everything transpired this way

1.png

2.png

3.png