Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Staff Recommended Posts

More storms just popped in SW OK along the dryline. I assume these will have the highest severe threat this evening. 

Also I'm seeing potential for a low-topped squall from the OV through the TN valley and maybe into Alabama tomorrow. See: 

Another tornado warning... this ones close enough to an airport we can use their radar. Could’ve been a higher end weak tornado.

9CA3B36C-CBBB-4670-980D-0A1C173FB3D9.png

You know, I saw that hook and was wondering if that was something that could cause a warning. Is that the app you were talking about?

23 minutes ago, Gator said:

You know, I saw that hook and was wondering if that was something that could cause a warning. Is that the app you were talking about?

Yup!

• Like 1

I swear, there's something about Hendersonville that makes snow turn into rain (or just disappear completely) and severe storms dissipate. It's annoying with the snow but I'll take it with the severe storms. This has been happening the whole couple hours this storm has been over us. We get a little thunder and some lightning but the worst of the storm stays in Nashville or South-West of Nashville. Could it be the Cumberland River / Old Hickory Lake? I can't think of anything else to explain it. If you look at historical tornadoes, they hit above us, to the east/west and into Nashville but Hendersonville has only had a couple that never amounted to much of anything. I'd love to know the scientific reason for it but it's probably just the luck of the draw.

image.png.b6b890812e7a9df755480353b5ae8e1a.png

image.thumb.png.d7cae11bcae1bf6f5e42bc0b1090775f.png