Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Staff Recommended Posts

yeah...certainly not sad it's warmer than they were predicted. Temp at 35F, DP at 34F...no fzr threat here, may need a drink to celebrate :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Just lost power in Nashua NH.  Wonder how much ice is out there?

• Sad 2

28.9°

Nothing falling now, but have 1/2" of a little bit of everything.

42 degrees here. Light mist.   Here in sparrows point md

We got hit hard last night with freezing rain. It started with sleet at 5pm and temp dropped to 23. Turned to freezing rain by5:30. We got caught out in it and had to drive at a crawl to get home. I ended up sliding past my driveway due to gravity. Kids have a 2 hour delay but temp only are 30 at the moment. 

It will be interesting to see how many accidents happened last night. 

• Sad 1

nothing but rain imby

1 hour ago, TheRex said:

We got hit hard last night with freezing rain. It started with sleet at 5pm and temp dropped to 23. Turned to freezing rain by5:30. We got caught out in it and had to drive at a crawl to get home. I ended up sliding past my driveway due to gravity. Kids have a 2 hour delay but temp only are 30 at the moment. 

It will be interesting to see how many accidents happened last night. 

13 cars involved in this one in Richmond, luckily only one injury reported: https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/local-news/ice-causes-chain-reaction-crash-on-i-89-one-person-injured/1761168356

• Sad 1

Morgantown received 0.91" of rainfall yesterday and it was extremely foggy this morning ... probably because ground temperatures are relatively cold compared to the balmy 50-55F dew points. 

Insolation is trying to burn the fog away with large breaks forming out my window as I type. Given the warm start to the day and downsloping off the Apps, I have a chance of reaching 70F this afternoon for the first time in 2019. Based on radar, I might get the first thunderstorm of 2019 tonight when the cold front passes through. 

More seasonable temperatures combined with a stiff breeze are going to be a wake-up call tomorrow morning. That's the price one pays for unseasonable warmth in February. 

• Like 1

Temps still a problem around here.  It warmed up to about 35 early this morning and then sank back below freezing.  We are supposed to get more rain tonight so I'm hoping to see a surge or warmth before the rain starts.

Temps today were in 40s. Had a light rain and then just a l mist ,that's about it. No frozen precipitation at all for duration of event

and the song remains the same 40 deg and rain imby

Recorded 0.84" from 2/7 to 2/9.

I only got around .25 inches of rain.   Not very wet just more of a nuisance  rain lol