Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Winter_warlock

February 1-2, 2019 | Snow Event

Staff Recommended Posts

I ended up with just a touch short or 1.5 inches here in sparrows point md.  Nice  steady light snow today. Nothing big but  nice to see 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lfunk11 said:

Had 7” according to my wife earlier but now only ~6” once I got home

90BC8626-98E5-4F0E-B92A-5CE10CD7B31E.jpeg

30E148A1-E4AE-42A2-B6E1-8C481F0E7F52.jpeg

Yeah I imagine it was the same scenario in my area, lot of compaction with how fluffy the snow was. The closest report to me was 2.4 in but there definitely was not that much on my car when I got home an hour ago.

• Like 1

Once again, no snow for me. I have forgot what a snowstorm looked like. 😭😩😓😪😢😥😓:forumsmiley1641-1:

• Sad 1

My second biggest snow of the year.   This one barely laid down a light coating on the streets and walkways.   Light steady snow for about 3.5 hours tho, was nice to watch.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Storms R’ US said:

Felton Delaware 

19f

snow picking up

image.jpg

It looks like you got a pretty good hit there.  I'd say you were close to jackpot for coastal plain. Its great waking up the very next day after the storm and it's still a winter wonderland out and below 32F!

Pictures with almost 6" on the ground from the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday events.  Warmup really kicks in tomorrow and by next Thursday probably most of this will be gone.  :classic_sad:

IMG_9177.JPG

IMG_9164.JPG

IMG_9181.JPG

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, paletitsnow63 said:

Pictures with almost 6" on the ground from the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday events.

I just cleaned off the back deck from Tuesday's and Wednesdays event, was very surprised to see how powdery the snow was, normally it compacts and gets a top crust, not this go around with the ultra cold temps. 

• Like 2

They were out plowing 3-5”, not bad considering we were only to have snow showers. Now time for a nice warm up with 50 Monday and 60 Tuesday and rain later in the week.

image.jpg

• Like 2