Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

ClicheVortex2014

February 6-8, 2019 | Storms

Staff Recommended Posts

Unusually quiet for the SW OH people getting hit by 2 squalls. Hopefully they’re outside enjoying it 

Edit: under shelter of course...

9 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Unusually quiet for the SW OH people getting hit by 2 squalls. Hopefully they’re outside enjoying it 

I am at work, but did watch it come down hard here in downtown Dayton and my back yard via webcam.

At its heaviest, the rain was coming down at 9.29 inches per hour!

I’m at work but just made my way upstairs to watch some fun. Everyone’s phones keep going off for the flash flood warnings around here.

LOL..Posted to wrong thread :)

49 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

was pretty cool with the wind and heavy rain that came through. just wish there was some thunder! lol.  Lot of flooded roads. stay safe everyone 

There was a tornado warning west of Columbus. Wasn’t much there but certainly enough to issue the warning. Also might be something with the warning ILN posted east of Cincinnati

8C4F66A3-306E-47F5-B5A2-FD863E0061F3.png

17C59F21-C862-4E0C-8EB4-694D2BF985F5.png

1 hour ago, RobB said:

I am at work, but did watch it come down hard here in downtown Dayton and my back yard via webcam.

At its heaviest, the rain was coming down at 9.29 inches per hour!

I was at work too and watched it move in. That rain was like a whiteout. I couldn't see anything out the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

There was a tornado warning west of Columbus. Wasn’t much there but certainly enough to issue the warning. Also might be something with the warning ILN posted east of Cincinnati

8C4F66A3-306E-47F5-B5A2-FD863E0061F3.png

17C59F21-C862-4E0C-8EB4-694D2BF985F5.png

Local news says a tornado may have touched down. They say there are reports of tree damage and possible damage of a firehouse. The met also showed the cc map at the time of the warning and it showed a possible weak debris signature. 

there's been some reports of possible tornado touch down in clark county. 

I slept through it all :classic_laugh: Woke up briefly to some thunder that's it.

Edited by junior

2 tornado reports today, both in the Ohio Valley. The report does say there was a debris signature, as Snowlover said.

qGCVM2Z.png

9 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Solid squall formed in the lower OV. Threat for embedded tornadoes due to the LEWPy nature of it

(not sure if I have the power to do it now, but can we add LEWP to our glossary @PlanetMaster? It’s line echo wave pattern, a type of squall that produces a series of bow echos (high-end wind damage) and embedded tornadoes https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_echo_wave_pattern)

02CFBCB4-E5AD-4B78-9A6D-B3C1E2FABB5D.png

0EBA56BC-C572-4769-A4CD-67E574A85D98.png

Will add this in.

• Thanks 2

The location in SW IN that saw a tornado about 9 hours ago is already below freezing. 

Just had the back end of the front come through. Had to have been 50mph gusts and 40mph sustained for about 10 minutes. Gonna watch the temps D-rop (Beastie voice) like a rock!!!

looks like they confirmed a weak tornado touched down in clark county.