Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

junior

February 11-13th Winter Storm OBS

Staff Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

FWIW, gfs and ecm still far western cutters and fv3 is caving that way 

Yeah I'm looking for Chicagosnow's towel to throw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Yeah I'm looking for Chicagosnow's towel to throw.

It's in the trash, don't think I'll need it anymore. 

The negative vibes here are.....pretty annoying - wish some of you would just give it a rest or just stop posting.

I'll hold out for another day or two on this one - appears there could be a slight pattern change later this month anyway giving lots of people plenty of opportunities....

• Like 5

Not good trends for a non-cutter solution, still going to be nice for some.

42 minutes ago, MidMichiganWX said:

The negative vibes here are.....pretty annoying - wish some of you would just give it a rest or just stop posting.

I'll hold out for another day or two on this one - appears there could be a slight pattern change later this month anyway giving lots of people plenty of opportunities....

Yeah, but it's not like people are being irrationally pessimistic...The pattern looks like garbage due to the split flow/Pac Jet/SE Ridge - with maybe a lucky cash-in for some...Here is the GEFS look for 2 weeks from now...looks familiar. That SER is not going away quietly...and if it takes too long, we're staring at putting all our hopes into the last week of Feb. & whatever March gives us.

gefs1.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Yeah, but it's not like people are being irrationally pessimistic...The pattern looks like garbage due to the split flow/Pac Jet/SE Ridge - with maybe a lucky cash-in for some...Here is the GEFS look for 2 weeks from now...looks familiar. That SER is not going away quietly...and if it takes too long, we're staring at putting all our hopes into the last week of Feb. & whatever March gives us.

gefs1.png

It is what it is. Welcome to winter in the Midwest/GL. Our climate is not really made to support multiple major snowstorms back to back to back, aside from a rare year every now and then. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidMichiganWX said:

It is what it is. Welcome to winter in the Midwest/GL. Our climate is not really made to support multiple major snowstorms back to back to back, aside from a rare year every now and then. 

Didn't realize I had already had a major snowstorm this winter. 

48 minutes ago, chicagosnow said:

yes, a blizzard in November...

20 minutes ago, chicago_WX said:

yes, a blizzard in November...

2" of snow doesn't count. 

The Ukie seems to be onboard with some sort of weaker, further SE solution over the last 24 hours too:

output_qqpMKs.thumb.gif.42fefd3161c0c770aad25e5138d83e63.gif

After the disaster that has been this winter, I am not getting excited yet. Though, I would really love to see last night's 00z run pan out, that would make a good number of us happy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chicagosnow said:

I'll take the FV3! :classic_laugh:

A bit further south and I would be okay with it too:

1939430585_PivotalMaps.thumb.png.508b3553c6126b70a801904aa6d92ed1.png

3 hours ago, chicagosnow said:

Chicago is at 33" for the year which is barely under the annual average. 

I don't know what else to tell you - if you want weekly snowstorms maybe consider moving to a snowbelt area in northern Michigan or give Buffalo a shot. 

2 hours ago, chicagosnow said:

2" of snow doesn't count. 

you got snow? I had 3" of un-flavored Slurpee 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MidMichiganWX said:

Chicago is at 33" for the year which is barely under the annual average. 

I don't know what else to tell you - if you want weekly snowstorms maybe consider moving to a snowbelt area in northern Michigan or give Buffalo a shot. 

O'Hare is at 33" for the season. If you know anything about Chicago, you know O'Hare isn't representative of the majority of the city. I have less than 20", thanks for the advice though.

1 hour ago, chicagosnow said:

O'Hare is at 33" for the season. If you know anything about Chicago, you know O'Hare isn't representative of the majority of the city. I have less than 20", thanks for the advice though.

Midway is a more true reading for Chicago (and that is still a stretch). I still don't understand the logic of having ORD as the official spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicagosnow said:

Checkout the 12Z Gfsfv3 to 252 hrs(lala land) you might have chance to lower you snow deficit!!!

WPC goes all-in on a cutter for Day 6.

60EF8955-1AF7-43FE-854D-2944C2BFA7D9.gif

This weaker trend could mean a nice little event for those expecting a low party.

1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

WPC goes all-in on a cutter for Day 6.

I find this to be nonsense past 3 days. 

At my Airport MBS in Saginaw COunty they have had 28" snowfall for the season. Normal for the season is 41.5" I'd say it's safe to say we all like storms, snow in the winter, severe rain storms in the summer and would like to always be above average for seasonal snowfall at the end. lol It may not be so much as always breaking records but having a active weather pattern which is the most enjoyable "bottom line". Ok, I'd love a big snowstorm, more snow even, but I'd take just a active weather pattern over weather manontany. lol Everything like schools etc. were closed again for the second day here because of ice. Some are schools are already closed for tomorrow. Our Freezing rain advisory ended this afternoon and now we have a High Wind advisory. Oh I'd like a big snowstorm, but I can't complain, at least my weather is a active one. 

Welp, back to the cutter. GFS super west now. It's almost like it has no idea what's going on. 

I'm still assuming cutter, but I'll hold onto a tiny sliver of hope because even though I'm a pessimist, I still have a tiny glimmer of hope. I need to work on that. lol