Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
US Wild Weather

Extreme active pattern across the entire US continues, what does it mean for your region? Join the conversion

Staff Recommended Posts

Quite the change a few days make.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell is going on here? Are we turning this thing into a coastal now?! 

image.png.49cb581d916eb270edd9e3649f3c756d.png

image.png.c47be37c8f64cae807b5e693e2930ec8.png

Do my eyes deceive me?

Just for humors sake this was 12z yesterday 

image.png.445fc7acc438a5e2313db8d5a8322006.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very thankful this turned into a front passage, relatively dry at that. Heavy precip stays west.  

gfs_apcpn24_neus_15.png

Then the new coastal takes the heavy precip east.

gfs_apcpn24_neus_18.png

Now imagine that slides west a little. Coastal scraper?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Very thankful this turned into a front passage, relatively dry at that. Heavy precip stays west.  

gfs_apcpn24_neus_15.png

Then the new coastal takes the heavy precip east.

gfs_apcpn24_neus_18.png

Now imagine that slides west a little. Coastal scraper?

 

Pull me some cold air and then I'd say scrape away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shaulov4 said:

What the hell is going on here? Are we turning this thing into a coastal now?! 

image.png.49cb581d916eb270edd9e3649f3c756d.png

image.png.c47be37c8f64cae807b5e693e2930ec8.png

Do my eyes deceive me?

Just for humors sake this was 12z yesterday 

image.png.445fc7acc438a5e2313db8d5a8322006.png

I was just going to post that info of nothing as the coastal is out to sea which is good I’d like a break from the rain 

BF93BB4E-3B15-4C2F-9E60-E44D95B293B8.png

E81FD528-5752-4BCD-892C-B3B5407350DF.png

32F57CF5-9C61-44BE-8984-7F7B870E8C9A.png

5 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Very thankful this turned into a front passage, relatively dry at that. Heavy precip stays west.  

gfs_apcpn24_neus_15.png

Then the new coastal takes the heavy precip east.

gfs_apcpn24_neus_18.png

Now imagine that slides west a little. Coastal scraper?

 

Yeah, south and out to sea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, shaulov4 said:

??? This winter has been a learning curve for me 100%

When in doubt, forecast a mix.  I'll go and look back, but I think the Nov storm even mixed to sleet here. Otherwise the only clean snow we've had is a half inch Christmas Eve and that snow squall.  

edit:  yes  I did report sleet in that thread.

Edited by StretchCT
confirm sleet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PA varmit says early spring, by Dover Delaware we will receive rain again Friday n Saturday and then again next around Tuesday. But then it’s better than ice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.a4671621dfeb25b04dfe3c8ab90a91ba.png

The storm keeps developing and doesn't really move it pummels the south with snow and I have no Idea what is going on here.

image.png.bf2f5c5820bf33b8f7a36d94bdfbbe97.png

She starts to move north but Id say she has little room to go north in this scenario 

image.png.88d8c94fdee69bf86ffc9fb9dda7d938.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Storms R’ US said:

The PA varmit says early spring, by Dover Delaware we will receive rain again Friday n Saturday and then again next around Tuesday. But then it’s better than ice

Not sure where in DE you are but tomorrow has temps in upper 50's low 60's.  Upper left corner of box is the location.

image.thumb.png.a020fd1ab4c3880c0151cde535952090.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro Placement + GFS Temps= Snow heaven for the hole zone

Edited by shaulov4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OFFS

28" of snow in Alabama!  Seriously!

image.png.b5620e3546ca862674ff6357dbab4c0c.png

 

edit:  and don't give me ratio nonsense.  Kuchera is 25". And this probably belongs in the next thread.  My bad. 

Edited by StretchCT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StretchCT said:

OFFS

28" of snow in Alabama!  Seriously!

image.png.b5620e3546ca862674ff6357dbab4c0c.png

😂😂 That'll be the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Not sure where in DE you are but tomorrow has temps in upper 50's low 60's.  Upper left corner of box is the location.

image.thumb.png.a020fd1ab4c3880c0151cde535952090.png

Just south of the 50 and will be 45f according to the weather channel forecast. Accu has us at 44f rain so I don’t see 50s and will have to see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Well wouldn't that be a swift kick in the groin for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. LOL.  Alabama would pretty much double my yearly totals in one storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some really strong signals heading into the 2nd half of the month. I know, i know. We have heard this before. But i think it might be for real this time :classic_laugh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, avsguy said:

Why FV3?

Same model around the same time frame had this current storm off the coast to give li sne Boston and the coast a decent snowstorm.... and we know that didnt happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PA Snow 84 said:

There are some really strong signals heading into the 2nd half of the month. I know, i know. We have heard this before. But i think it might be for real this time :classic_laugh:

Image result for charlie brown football gif
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12z EPS Control:

Given the shorter time frame, this one is getting interesting and may start to glue us to our screens.

eps_ptype_c01_conus_156.thumb.png.2cfa053ec06b13458f35d3a492f48719.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×