Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

buckeyegal

February 10th-11th Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

My first starter post ever! The predecessor and potential light-snow maker.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh90-120.gif.de15853da30b3554059e4bdd2e39dfec.gif

Comparison of 24-hour snowfall (Kuchera) which covers most of this storm.

models-2019020618-f114.snku_024h.us_ov.gif.d1e3221a421fddaaf7971120e990be60.gif

If this were stronger I could see our next system trend SE. Regardless seems like were going to see some accums from this.

Edited by junior
  • Like 1

I looked at the wrong hour:classic_rolleyes:, I got excited for a minute 

this is almost a nothing burger now

9 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

I looked at the wrong hour:classic_rolleyes:, I got excited for a minute 

this is almost a nothing burger now

Yup. We can go ahead and mark the next week out. We're coming quickly to a close. 

• Hell NO! 1

2 minutes ago, chicagosnow said:

Yup. We can go ahead and mark the next week out. We're coming quickly to a close. 

What a depressing and frustrating pattern for winter lovers east of the Mississippi. I am to the point that I'd just assume have spring, especially if we are going to be dealing with these cold rains.

3 minutes ago, weather_boy2010 said:

What a depressing and frustrating pattern for winter lovers east of the Mississippi. I am to the point that I'd just assume have spring, especially if we are going to be dealing with these cold rains.

Yeah, the cold rain sucks balls. 

I'll never want spring though. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weather_boy2010 said:

Worse for most of the I-95 corridor in the Mid Atlantic through New England.  Been a very rough winter for those peeps.  I am so glad that January was well above average in the snow dept. in my back yard.  Makes the lull easier to deal with.  Though this current storm system is very interesting with the flooding potential and the sharp drop in temps after frontal passage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

Worse for most of the I-95 corridor in the Mid Atlantic through New England.  Been a very rough winter for those peeps.  I am so glad that January was well above average in the snow dept. in my back yard.  Makes the lull easier to deal with.  Though this current storm system is very interesting with the flooding potential and the sharp drop in temps after frontal passage.

Yeah, I've told myself that at least I had three weeks of winter with cold AND snow. Last year we had one week of snow and it was the same week I was on a cruise. lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RobB said:

I agree sir. January satisfied me. Had an ice storm in November. A good amount of snow in January. Had a mini blizzard. Saw thunder snow for the first time in my life. Extreme cold. If I don’t see another flake of snow I’m satisfied with the winter even if it ends much below average. Now not saying I won’t take more snow I’d love it. 

And yes the potential flooding excites me and the sharp temp drop tonight from 68 to 22 by morning that should be fun.

23 minutes ago, RobB said:

See, because I'm hosting the freakin low party, all I get is some light rain and fog. Nothing even exciting!

14 minutes ago, weather_boy2010 said:

See, because I'm hosting the freakin low party, all I get is some light rain and fog. Nothing even exciting!

Boo.  I hate low parties.  I guess one time I wouldn't mind it, is if the low was near record lows with barometric pressure, then I think it would be cool to register that in my own back yard :O)

• Like 2

Come on, little storm. At least drop a few inches of pretty stuff before we get it washed away..

Our SE Ohio friends might like the NAM 

WPC Day 4.  

82244028-8458-42BE-8C03-D54FB669DD1A.gif

Early snowmap from CLE.

06B3D3B7-4896-4A36-9E89-CA1572D053EA.png

:6:

60965064-3565-4C26-9F0F-BB8B0810A4D4.gif

Question, is the snow that the 12z Canadian showed from this storm? Or is it from the front end of the next storm?

13 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

Question, is the snow that the 12z Canadian showed from this storm? Or is it from the front end of the next storm?

This one. It kept us snow longer than other models do.

I could see a period of freezing drizzle setting up after the snow wave. Don't think it will be enough to cause issues but some shiny spots sure.