Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spring Fever Spreading

Will Spring be on time for your region? Join the Conversation >> Long Range Spring Outlook

MaineJay

Match 31-April 1, 2016 | April Fools Day Foolishness

Staff Recommended Posts

3k has several inches as well East of Ontario, we'll see how this one transpires..

sn10_acc.us_ne (22).png

Not really expecting snow, but goodness will it be cold here still tomorrow and even into Monday a little! Only supposed to be 34 tomorrow afternoon and 43 on Monday. With what the long range is showing, I feel confident tomorrow and Monday will likely be the coldest afternoons we're going to experience until at least late October. 

Regardless of what is going to happen with this event tomorrow and Monday I am enjoying the 71 degrees I have in my back yard 😍  and counting down the days till we get some good  severe weather. Gonna be a fun spring and summer 😍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This has somehow become a lake effect/enhanced event tomorrow night into Monday morning...

The snow over WNY is directly tied to the wave of LP riding this slow CF, tonight into tomorrow morning..

hrdps_asnow_neus_42 (1).png

Edited by Mike W IN ALTMAR

A mid-level trough
axis will also track across western and north central NY Sunday
night and ongoing snow showers will become enhanced east-southeast
of Lake Ontario overnight.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_34 (1).png

Picked up a coating this morning on the backside of the CF, had no problem sticking even under light returns during the daytime..

Rgem and hrdps have 4"-7" overnight with that mid lvl trough swinging through, I guess only time will tell..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike W IN ALTMAR said:

Picked up a coating this morning on the backside of the CF, had no problem sticking even under light returns during the daytime..

After yesterdays sunny and 70 weather I can tell you that I'm cured of wanting anything winter related.. you can keep the white stuff up there lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Making a run at my first 60° reading of '19.

56.7° currently (up 22° from the low), feels awesome, especially considering we were a few degrees either side of 40° with low clouds and fog yesterday.

Inversion finally broke just after 6am, sun came out just before 10.

Screenshot_20190331-111019.jpg.959870bf802ac883aa1dde8b613df397.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 2:41 PM, NEPA Snow said:

yeah too bad saddleback mountain is closed

Rumor has it that it's going to bought and the buyers are willing to invest some decent money.  Not going to believe it until it happens though, as other deals have fell through.

More directly on topic, never made it to 60°, fell short at 59.2°, still was a nice day till the rain moved in.

• Like 1

Ick

3 hours ago, MaineJay said:

Rumor has it that it's going to bought and the buyers are willing to invest some decent money.  Not going to believe it until it happens though, as other deals have fell through.

More directly on topic, never made it to 60°, fell short at 59.2°, still was a nice day till the rain moved in.

Hope so , my cousin lives in Rumford and i go snowmobiling quite a lot and ski at black mtn and Sunday River, but Saddleback I heard was really good glade skiing and they get lots of snow... here’s to hoping it gets done soon

• Like 1

No snow, but January like with an temp of 28 right now. Had a high of 40 today apparently just after midnight EST/ 1 AM EDT and it has been slowly falling in general since then. Most likely, this is the last time we have a day this cold for over seven months.

• Like 1

Had to relite the woodstove around 4pm today... spring is here through, bouts of cold followed by warmth. 

Finished with right around 4", seen some reports of as much as half foot just to the south. 

IMG_20190401_062137.jpg

IMG_20190401_065207.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love it! 2
  • Hell NO! 1

Highest report I've seen is 11.4" in onieda county..U can tell this was lake induced by the significant difference in snow totals..

GetMap (10).gif

sunny breezy and chilly imby

On 4/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, Mike W IN ALTMAR said:

Probably separated by a mile or so..

Screenshot_20190401-120355.png

Is the observation in red Verified? 

What on earth is this thread title? @MaineJay you alright? :6:

• One on Me 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, Mike W IN ALTMAR said:

Finished with right around 4", seen some reports of as much as half foot just to the south. 

IMG_20190401_062137.jpg

IMG_20190401_065207.jpg

Nice pics Mike!!

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2019 at 7:46 PM, KENNYP2339 said:

Had to relite the woodstove around 4pm today... spring is here through, bouts of cold followed by warmth. 

I had my wood stove going that day too. And now its warm out again   good ole April weather !😉