Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hardus77

How do I deal with my severe weather anxiety?

Staff Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Everytime it gets cloudy, I fear for my life. I know I shouldnt, but I literally have never had this problem this bad. My house is pretty old and made of wood. I keep feeling like a tornado will come when I least expect it and kill me and everyone else. Its terrifying. I do have anxiety disorders and I have freaked out in the past but never this BAD. Now im checking weather  https://pnrstatus.vip/ apps everyday, taking more mediciation to soothe the anxiety and stuff. I have never even seen a tornado before, but we had a risk day a couple of weeks ago and now im terrified.  https://sarkariresult.onl/ 

Can anyone throw some stats at me? Im in Eastern NC.  Mobdro

Edited by hardus77

Anxiety is very difficult to deal with, I have a little experience with panic attacks, and understand that they take on a life of their own.  It's never as simple as just "relaxing".  I would first say, develop a plan in the event that a warned cell is threatening your area.  Having the confidence that you have a place, and a plan might help mitigate some anxiety.

For stats, there's roughly 3 fatalities in NC due to tornadoes. With about 10 million residents, it is the odds at roughly 0.0000003%, one in 3,350,000.

Screenshot_20190518-064619.thumb.jpg.d8041c7479ff0873dc676d3c9104af55.jpg

I hope some of that helps.

I'm gong to move this to the personal weather section.

• Love it! 1

You might want to look into taking a storm spotter training class.  If nothing else, it would help you learn what to look for and maybe ease your mind a bit when you have a little better understanding of what you're looking at.

I'm sure there are some online videos you can watch along the same lines.

Just a thought.

• Like 2