Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Staff Recommended Posts

So it looks like age is starting to catch up with me. Sunday night and Monday was having odd pains on my left side and certainly didn't feel like anything I had felt before. At first I thought maybe I pulled a muscle as I was working in the yard all day cutting up large branches that fell during the Saturday severe thunderstorms. But Monday afternoon I felt it in my chest, was light headed and decided to go to the emergency room just in case. Well after two days of dozens of tests I was informed that what I had was called a mini stroke, In other words blood/oxygen was restricted to the brain due to semi close artery. Luckily it isn't severe yet and they are deciding whether to try to clear some of the calcification with meds and a healthy diet of foods and vitamins that naturally clear arteries of calcium buildup or surgery. Also they said no more stress! I said what stress? I am only working on 15 different projects, dealing with hackers and spammers all day attacking my servers, and tenants with young kids that scream and bang all day. Plus 4 cats meowing! No STRESS here! :biggrin: 

Its been a surreal week since. When you get to that age and you have that first real life altering medical event it makes one think about everything including mortality and the fact that yes I am not immortal and going to die one day. Members here who have had medical issues, severe or not, probably understand what I am talking about more than those who have not had to deal with such issues....yet. Its is scary to say the least. I feel much better today and am drinking lots of Pomegranate, lol, said to be a natural reducer of plaque in the arteries. 

I am dropping all other work for now other than 2 projects (This one and another on my media site) and maintaining the servers, have to lighten my load and relax a bit. I have been working a little here and there on the site the past week, I really want to get started with this new site asap. Today for the holiday I am pigging out on steak, burgers, hot dogs and sausages (Not good for the arteries! LOL). Before I die I want to continue to live and grilled steak will always be on the menu :tongue:

Just wanted to let you all know I am OK, very lucky and fortunate to catch this early before the big one (Mary don't get that chance) and hopefully deal with it positively.

• Love it! 1
  • Wow! 3
  • Sad 1

Oh man, @PlanetMaster, I am so sorry to hear about that! You need to take a few steps back and chill a little. As one of the older ones here, and dealing with my own health issues, I understand that first real scare, and it's kind of life-altering to come face to face with your own mortality. Please take care of yourself, we don't know how to do this without you!! I'm kidding, but not really, because that's true...however,  the thought of you not being here makes me very sad. 

Please keep us posted if you can, since I'll be worrying now.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry I am fine. Like I told you just a reminder that I cant spend 24/7 in front of a computer and think it'll be fine. Long overdue exercise routine, a new diet (not happy bout that) and better stress management are in order. Working on a dozen projects and maintaining servers each and everyday from all the attacks isn't the best environment for non stress life style but it can be done in moderation. Trying to do everything each and everyday isn't practical or possible but don't tell me that, so changes are in order. probably wind up being much healthier and have more energy to create with the life style modifications. Don't worry made a deal with the respected parties, not going anywhere just yet.:classic_smile:

• Love it! 1

3 hours ago, PlanetMaster said:

So it looks like age is starting to catch up with me. Sunday night and Monday was having odd pains on my left side and certainly didn't feel like anything I had felt before. At first I thought maybe I pulled a muscle as I was working in the yard all day cutting up large branches that fell during the Saturday severe thunderstorms. But Monday afternoon I felt it in my chest, was light headed and decided to go to the emergency room just in case. Well after two days of dozens of tests I was informed that what I had was called a mini stroke, In other words blood/oxygen was restricted to the brain due to semi close artery. Luckily it isn't severe yet and they are deciding whether to try to clear some of the calcification with meds and a healthy diet of foods and vitamins that naturally clear arteries of calcium buildup or surgery. Also they said no more stress! I said what stress? I am only working on 15 different projects, dealing with hackers and spammers all day attacking my servers, and tenants with young kids that scream and bang all day. Plus 4 cats meowing! No STRESS here! :biggrin: 

Its been a surreal week since. When you get to that age and you have that first real life altering medical event it makes one think about everything including mortality and the fact that yes I am not immortal and going to die one day. Members here who have had medical issues, severe or not, probably understand what I am talking about more than those who have not had to deal with such issues....yet. Its is scary to say the least. I feel much better today and am drinking lots of Pomegranate, lol, said to be a natural reducer of plaque in the arteries. 

I am dropping all other work for now other than 2 projects (This one and another on my media site) and maintaining the servers, have to lighten my load and relax a bit. I have been working a little here and there on the site the past week, I really want to get started with this new site asap. Today for the holiday I am pigging out on steak, burgers, hot dogs and sausages (Not good for the arteries! LOL). Before I die I want to continue to live and grilled steak will always be on the menu :tongue:

Just wanted to let you all know I am OK, very lucky and fortunate to catch this early before the big one (Mary don't get that chance) and hopefully deal with it positively.

Hi PM, sorry about your health issue and I'm glad they caught it early. I have a a few good friends who have had stokes in 2018. They are doing just fine now, the treatment has come along way and you will be just fine. However, I do know how you feel, I have had several episodes of a rapid heartbeat during my life. Scary at first? sure because when your use to good health and all going nicely anything that disrupts the goodness puts a person on edge. I was treated for those heart events and all have been cool for over 10+ years(knock on wood).

So don't worry, you will be fine with the adjustments in life you may have to make. If you ever want to chat about it, just private msg me. 

Take care buddy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Wx_WhatWX? actually feel great today, did allot of reading online of the issue and its a good thing to catch something like this early. So I am confident things will be fine. Drinking a ton of Pomegranate juice which is said to be beneficial for this, of course I do everything to the extreme so I am peeing red now, :classic_tongue:

• Haha 2

I know it might sound a little weird, but even though I've never met any of you guys personally,  I feel a strong kinship with many here. It would be pretty devastating to lose anyone, at least for me. I "talk" to you more than I do to most of my friends and relatives, so let's all try to stay healthy!

• Love it! 4

@PlanetMasterSleep well and rest well. 

Sleep well for 8 hours is a very important part of fighting off this menace.

Please take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PlanetMaster said:

@Wx_WhatWX? actually feel great today, did allot of reading online of the issue and its a good thing to catch something like this early. So I am confident things will be fine. Drinking a ton of Pomegranate juice which is said to be beneficial for this, of course I do everything to the extreme so I am peeing red now, :classic_tongue:

Eat some blueberries and you'll be peeing patriotic colors for July 4th!! :sorcerer:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lynniethelurker said:

I know it might sound a little weird, but even though I've never met any of you guys personally,  I feel a strong kinship with many here. It would be pretty devastating to lose anyone, at least for me. I "talk" to you more than I do to most of my friends and relatives, so let's all try to stay healthy!

I feel the same Lynnie, BTW how are you feeling? and have you heard from Cignus?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wx_WhatWX? said:

I feel the same Lynnie, BTW how are you feeling? and have you heard from Cignus?

On antibiotics and sudafed...all hopped up!! Feeling much better today, thanks for asking!

Yes, after sending 2 messages Cignus finally got back to me. He is having a lot of trouble with his fibromyalgia, seems to be affecting him both physically and mentally. Also, his wife is having some serious problems as well, I feel badly for them. I know how much he enjoys the forum, so he must be feeling really under the weather. 

• Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

@PlanetMasterSleep well and rest well. 

Sleep well for 8 hours is a very important part of fighting off this menace.

Please take care of yourself.

Lol, I am lucky if I sleep 8 hours in a week! But yeah time to dream more often, just hope I wake up :352nmsp:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lynniethelurker said:

On antibiotics and sudafed...all hopped up!! Feeling much better today, thanks for asking!

Yes, after sending 2 messages Cignus finally got back to me. He is having a lot of trouble with his fibromyalgia, seems to be affecting him both physically and mentally. Also, his wife is having some serious problems as well, I feel badly for them. I know how much he enjoys the forum, so he must be feeling really under the weather. 

Sorry to hear that about him and his wife. I wont bother him with a message since he is ill, however if you chat again with him, give him my regards. The Nutri-bullet has some good recipes to battle that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wx_WhatWX? said:

Sorry to hear that about him and his wife. I wont bother him with a message since he is ill, however if you chat again with him, give him my regards. The Nutri-bullet has some good recipes to battle that.

I just responded to his message from a few days ago and told him you were asking about him! Must have been reading your mind! 

28 minutes ago, lynniethelurker said:

Absolutely! My media site will turn 18 years online this December and we have not only lost members over the years but like many here are getting on in age and having medical issues. It is a strange thing to have so much care and emotion for people you have never met but by their conversation over time you get to know each and everyone. Their likes, dislikes, sense of humor or not and their quirks not to mention the knowledge and honesty they share. So yes it is sad personally when members fall ill or are going through tough times especially for long time and active members, a community in definition.

18 minutes ago, lynniethelurker said:

Thats awful to hear, I hope @Cignus and his wife find better days ahead. I'll shoot him a email from the wxdisco staff and members letting him know we are all thinking of him and sending all our positive energy.

• Love it! 3

1 minute ago, lynniethelurker said:

I just responded to his message from a few days ago and told him you were asking about him! Must have been reading your mind! 

A TWILIGHT ZONE MOMENT. haha. di-do-di-do-di-do-dido-dido

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, lynniethelurker said:

Hi everyone!

Since my sec-a-tary mentioned all you guys were askin' 'bout me I thought I'd pop my head in and see what's up.

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts.

It's been around 2months since my fibro really kicked my butt and I'm still not out of the woods yet. I think I'm turning the corner because when I got up Friday, for the first time since February I actually felt good, the fatigue was gone and my pain was down to about a 4. But, by Saturday my symptoms started building again and while I was watching the women win the soccer cup my left leg felt like it was constantly being bothered by a bunch of flies, I'd look down and there was nothing there while I observed and felt the sensations.

The doctors will tell you that weather doesn't have an effect on your health but don't you believe them. Saturday night was pretty bad until that front went through and I'm starting to feel a bit better since this 'clean-up action' of rain this morning has stopped IMB, since Friday around 4pm to now we"ve picked up 3.77".  I do okay while it's raining with the Low pressure systems, and the in-between times the low switches with a high but my worst is when the high gets entrenched an that's coming up in about 8hours or so, it has to do with how the higher high pressure pushes down and envelopes a person.

The wife is doing okay, she has a couple of maintenance scans coming up and her COPD seems to be holding its own at least it's not getting any worse.

Well enough 'bout me. I've been trying to keep a weekly update with my NASALive thread and I see we're coming up on a couple of milestones, Total Topics has 5 to go when we hit 1,000 and gosh, I thought we'd hit 80,000 posts by now! Waitin' till I get back regular, eh?    :snoozer_08:

PM; Do Not Think this mini-stroke is just a passing fancy if you haven't already, put aside your ego and find a cardiologist asap! At the least go to your family doctor and have him or her set you up for a heart cath 

The Summer of '15 I had an attack that knocked me off my lawn tractor and I left it go until I saw my family doctor in March of '16 and he asked me how I felt after clearing snow, I said I was tired but okay, the next thing he did was give me an EKG there in the office and he saw a blip and scheduled me for the heart cath. It was seven days later I left the hospital with a triple by-pass, it would of been a quad but that one had already started creating its own new arteries.

Don't make excuses, do it now!

Well, y'all take care and I'll try to be more visible,

Clear Skies!

Steve...aka...Cignus

Edited by Cignus
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Cignus said:

Hi everyone!

Since my sec-a-tary mentioned all you guys were askin' 'bout me I thought I'd pop my head in and see what's up.

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts.

It's been around 2months since my fibro really kicked my butt and I'm still not out of the woods yet. I think I'm turning the corner because when I got up Friday, for the first time since February I actually felt good, the fatigue was gone and my pain was down to about a 4. But, by Saturday my symptoms started building again and while I was watching the women win the soccer cup my left leg felt like it was constantly being bothered by a bunch of flies, I'd look down and there was nothing there while I observed and felt the sensations.

The doctors will tell you that weather doesn't have an effect on your health but don't you believe them. Saturday night was pretty bad until that front went through and I'm starting to feel a bit better since this 'clean-up action' of rain this morning has stopped IMB, since Friday around 4pm to now we"ve picked up 3.77".  I do okay while it's raining with the Low pressure systems, and the in-between times the low switches with a high but my worst is when the high gets entrenched an that's coming up in about 8hours or so, it has to do with how the higher high pressure pushes down and envelopes a person.

The wife is doing okay, she has a couple of maintenance scans coming up and her COPD seems to be holding its own at least it's not getting any worse.

Well enough 'bout me. I've been trying to keep a weekly update with my NASALive thread and I see we're coming up on a couple of milestones, Total Topics has 5 to go when we hit 1,000 and gosh, I thought we'd hit 80,000 posts by now! Waitin' till I get back regular, eh?    :snoozer_08:

PM; Do Not Think this mini-stroke is just a passing fancy if you haven't already, put aside your ego and find a cardiologist asap! At the least go to your family doctor and have him or her set you up for a heart cath 

The Summer of '15 I had an attack that knocked me off my lawn tractor and I left it go until I saw my family doctor in March of '16 and he asked me how I felt after clearing snow, I said I was tired but okay, the next thing he did was give me an EKG there in the office and he saw a blip and scheduled me for the heart cath. It was seven days later I left the hospital with a triple by-pass, it would of been a quad but that one had already started creating its own new arteries.

Don't make excuses, do it now!

Well, y'all take care and I'll try to be more visible,

Clear Skies!

Steve...aka...Cignus

Good to see you Steve, I hope your good days begin out number the bad ones. As for the weather effecting your health, I'm a true believer of that. I broke my right foot playing basketball when I was a teenager. For two years I was always able to predict when a storm or a big weather change was coming. The foot would hurt like @#$%. After 2 years my forecast accuracy dropped 100%.

Wishing you and your wife the best. If you need to chat, remember you have friends here. Just make sure that your Secretary clears your schedule. :smiley:

Wx_WhatWX? aka Willie

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So good to hear from you, Steve! I will concur with you on weather affecting your health. Changes in pressure are pretty rough on my RA, no question. Take it easy and don't overdo it....sheesh, wish I took my own advice! 

Lol! I wear many hats in many places! Sec-a-tary, den mother, it's all cool! :classic_rolleyes:

Hey @PlanetMaster, how are you doing? You need to get yourself a dartboard with the NWS logo as the bullseye!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

@Cignus happy to see you here and hope you and your wife feel better. Believe me they have me going to specialist after specialist (opportunity to fleece the medical insurance) including cardio specialists. Had the full work up today EKG, x-rays, echocardiogram, CT, etc. MRI tomorrow. My appointment book is packed with visits to various medical offices this week, what fun.

@lynniethelurker A OK here. So you moonlighting as a secretary now?

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PlanetMaster said:

@Cignus happy to see you here and hope you and your wife feel better. Believe me they have me going to specialist after specialist (opportunity to fleece the medical insurance) including cardio specialists. Had the full work up today EKG, x-rays, echocardiogram, CT, etc. MRI tomorrow. My appointment book is packed with visits to various medical offices this week, what fun.

Glad you're getting everything checked out, it really does sound like a blast, though!

Dude, moonlighting is my middle name! You should know that by now! :6:

• Haha 2

Just saw all this.  Thoughts and well wishes go out to @PlanetMaster and @Cignus 

Hope that everything is manageable and the prognosis' are positive.  Be well. :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope all is well and you can work in a way to relax and get more sleep. Wishing you all the best. Thank you for the heads up.

As with any medical condition, it is always good to be proactive and catch it early. Please folks go to your doctor once a year for a physical and any check up's as needed. Look into your families medical history and try to be prepared for anything.  Look after yourself by eating health, exercising and sleeping! 

I am going through something similar. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure a few years back when i was in shape and eating healthy. They also found that my liver enzymes were high. Fast forward to this year my liver enzymes are still high. Come to find out i have a fatty liver and threw testing found out I have high iron in my blood and one gene for hemochromatosis. I now have to get a phlebotomy treatment to get my iron levels down to a safe number and maintain them. The high iron levels could have caused the fatty liver and HBP or vise versa. Needless to say I am glad i caught it early and wish my old doctors would have been as proactive as my current doctors are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, MaineJay said:

Just saw all this.  Thoughts and well wishes go out to @PlanetMaster and @Cignus 

Hope that everything is manageable and the prognosis' are positive.  Be well. :classic_smile:

12 minutes ago, aries2420 said:

I hope all is well and you can work in a way to relax and get more sleep. Wishing you all the best. Thank you for the heads up.

As with any medical condition, it is always good to be proactive and catch it early. Please folks go to your doctor once a year for a physical and any check up's as needed. Look into your families medical history and try to be prepared for anything.  Look after yourself by eating health, exercising and sleeping! 

I am going through something similar. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure a few years back when i was in shape and eating healthy. They also found that my liver enzymes were high. Fast forward to this year my liver enzymes are still high. Come to find out i have a fatty liver and threw testing found out I have high iron in my blood and one gene for hemochromatosis. I now have to get a phlebotomy treatment to get my iron levels down to a safe number and maintain them. The high iron levels could have caused the fatty liver and HBP or vise versa. Needless to say I am glad i caught it early and wish my old doctors would have been as proactive as my current doctors are. 

I just saw this also. I share @lynniethelurker 's sentiment in saying that even though I've never met any of you in person, it would be devastating if anything happened to any of our members. Many of you are far more intelligent than me, and I look forward to your insight and opinions when it comes to things that are most certainly over my head. It makes me feel like I know so many of you on a personal level.

It seems a lot of people are dealing with health ailments right now, both in here and in my "real world sphere." With the big tracking season getting ready to ramp up soon, we all need to take care of ourselves! @PlanetMaster and @Cignus, take care of yourselves and rest up, well wishes to you both and any one else struggling with any health issues right now! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, aries2420 said:

Wow...

Really glad you guys are taking care of yourselves.  May the recovery be optimal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Wx_WhatWX? said:

Good to see you Steve, I hope your good days begin out number the bad ones. As for the weather effecting your health, I'm a true believer of that. I broke my right foot playing basketball when I was a teenager. For two years I was always able to predict when a storm or a big weather change was coming. The foot would hurt like @#$%. After 2 years my forecast accuracy dropped 100%.

Wishing you and your wife the best. If you need to chat, remember you have friends here. Just make sure that your Secretary clears your schedule. :smiley:

Wx_WhatWX? aka Willie

Thanks Willie,

Your teen years is what helped you, but hurt your accuracy. I still have my fibro and a bad left knee. I'll pass along your salutation to the missus and I'll remember.

13 hours ago, PlanetMaster said:

I know its a pain but I'm happy to hear that your on track to take care of this. If you need or want a different perspective on what your going through send me a pm.

Gotta go, see y'all later!

Steve

• Like 2