Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Staff Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, aries2420 said:

I hope all is well and you can work in a way to relax and get more sleep. Wishing you all the best. Thank you for the heads up.

As with any medical condition, it is always good to be proactive and catch it early. Please folks go to your doctor once a year for a physical and any check up's as needed. Look into your families medical history and try to be prepared for anything.  Look after yourself by eating health, exercising and sleeping! 

I am going through something similar. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure a few years back when i was in shape and eating healthy. They also found that my liver enzymes were high. Fast forward to this year my liver enzymes are still high. Come to find out i have a fatty liver and threw testing found out I have high iron in my blood and one gene for hemochromatosis. I now have to get a phlebotomy treatment to get my iron levels down to a safe number and maintain them. The high iron levels could have caused the fatty liver and HBP or vise versa. Needless to say I am glad i caught it early and wish my old doctors would have been as proactive as my current doctors are. 

I also have high iron and have hereditary hemochromatosis, AND fatty liver.... AND do the phlebotomy treatment.  Ferritin was 2024 at its highest! I had everything out of whack, potassium was down to 1.8 (that’s not good kids), and ended up laying in a hospital bed for 6 days.  Sparing all the boring details about things like how my legs didn’t work right for a month and still aren’t 100% normal almost 5 years later amongst many other things, all I can say is preventative maintenance is something to take seriously  :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, PlanetMaster said:

Don't worry I am fine. Like I told you just a reminder that I cant spend 24/7 in front of a computer and think it'll be fine. Long overdue exercise routine, a new diet (not happy bout that) and better stress management are in order. Working on a dozen projects and maintaining servers each and everyday from all the attacks isn't the best environment for non stress life style but it can be done in moderation. Trying to do everything each and everyday isn't practical or possible but don't tell me that, so changes are in order. probably wind up being much healthier and have more energy to create with the life style modifications. Don't worry made a deal with the respected parties, not going anywhere just yet.:classic_smile:

Maybe it's the Mets...they've been known to kill weaker men.  Best of luck and keep pluggin' along.

• Haha 4

On 7/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, SoDakFarmer said:

I also have high iron and have hereditary hemochromatosis, AND fatty liver.... AND do the phlebotomy treatment.  Ferritin was 2024 at its highest! I had everything out of whack, potassium was down to 1.8 (that’s not good kids), and ended up laying in a hospital bed for 6 days.  Sparing all the boring details about things like how my legs didn’t work right for a month and still aren’t 100% normal almost 5 years later amongst many other things, all I can say is preventative maintenance is something to take seriously  :classic_wink:

So sorry to hear about your experience. The past year I have started having leg issues with cramps, Charley horses and general pain. Its probably from the high Iron. Excellent words on preventive maintenance! It is nice to meet someone who has something similar going on. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Freehood said:

Maybe it's the Mets...they've been known to kill weaker men. 

This is true but they don't bother me as much as in the past since I have realized for many a year now that the baseball season for me ends in early May. I do however know they have shaved a few years off my life :classic_sad:

• Haha 2

So the takeaway is that people interested in weather are apparently on their last legs :hmm:

aries, it's nice to know I can throw out ferritin and not have to explain it lol.

lol, and have similar wacky mindsets. At least we can splint and prop those legs up:classic_huh::classic_rolleyes:

My doctor was surprised with my knowledge and preparedness. He said usually people look at the wall dumbfounded, get extremely upset, or don't have a care in the world and just say your the doctor take care of it.  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:44 AM, aries2420 said:

So sorry to hear about your experience. The past year I have started having leg issues with cramps, Charley horses and general pain. Its probably from the high Iron. Excellent words on preventive maintenance! It is nice to meet someone who has something similar going on. 

As I am also sad to hear of both of your malady's, what stood out for me aries is; Have you or your doctor ever considered / suggested wearing compression stockings? Back in '15 I saw my doctor about my legs having the same symptoms as you plus been swelled and he suggested the stockings. Little did I know it would be a precursor to my heart condition and operation a year later.

They can be a bugger to put on so I went and also bought what's called a sock donner.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that starting tonight (Sun.the 14th) I'll be away till about Wednesday morning. My wife starts her prep this evening for one of her scans and I'll be engaged with that.

PM; I hope your doctor's visits are helping you to understand what's going on with your health and in turn relieving you and your loved ones anxiety.

Clear Skies,

Steve

• Love it! 3

@Cignus best wishes to you and your wife, sure everything will be fine. I am adjusting to my new schedule and learning how to take better care of myself, just need to follow through, lol.

See you soon

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cignus said:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that starting tonight (Sun.the 14th) I'll be away till about Wednesday morning. My wife starts her prep this evening for one of her scans and I'll be engaged with that.

PM; I hope your doctor's visits are helping you to understand what's going on with your health and in turn relieving you and your loved ones anxiety.

Clear Skies,

Steve

Steve, good thoughts for you and your wife with the best outcome. Keep that positive attitude buddy.