Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobbo428

August 2019 | Daily OBS, Discussion and Forecasts

Staff Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RobBucksPA said:

Hey...  sky is mostly sunny!

nice. Really nice

Just had a thundershower out of nowhere, good heavy downpour, of course there was a 0% chance of precip. today :classic_dry:

radar.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PlanetMaster said:

Just had a thundershower out of nowhere, good heavy downpour, of course there was a 0% chance of precip. today :classic_dry:

radar.gif

I’m kind of amazed that it broke up here. We definitely got rain, which was completely technically “sunshine,” since that was the forecast.. We had very threatening skies, but I never heard any thunder. Only recently has the sun come out, but it is now very nice.

Sunny and nice here today after yesterday evenings Severe Thunderstorms Temp 80 Dewpoint 57

Satan arrived today.

A match put an end to this one. But I fear while the battle may be won, the war has already been lost.

20190809_192313.thumb.jpg.4028d9c9f1263e12611095ff3924b0cb.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty much a perfect summer day here in Pittsburgh. High of 78 and partly sunny. Dew points tumbled throughout the day too from a dew of 63 at 8 AM to 48 at 6 PM. Hoping we get down into the 50's overnight. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Solstice said:

Satan arrived today.put an end to this one. But I fear while the battle may be won, the war has already been lost.

20190809_192313.thumb.jpg.4028d9c9f1263e12611095ff3924b0cb.jpg

What is that...emerald ash?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Nope, much worse, reservoir covers the old Indian burial ground. Btw on a more serious note, I was crossing the bridge over there when the storms hit yesterday evening, kind of kicking myself in the butt for not taking a pic of the water, it looked so angry especially with the storm clouds overhead.

The pizza next door though... 

65 degrees on the truck thermometer, feels like lower humidity..will certainly enjoy this short lived reprieve. 

Edited by Deerlakewx
  • Like 1

61F here this morning. Almost feels like a touch of fall, and we all know the season that follows that. LOL :classic_cool:

18 minutes ago, geeter1 said:

61F here this morning. Almost feels like a touch of fall, and we all know the season that follows that. LOL :classic_cool:

Wait isn't fall the one we skip now? Straight from summer to winter. Or is it winter to summer. Whatever, ready for the change! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, PlanetMaster said:

radar.gif

Yea, that rain dumped on me just as i got down to Patchogue Villagefor a nice walk and dinner :classic_mellow: Didnt last long though. Beautiful morning this morning. Crisp air, sort of fall like.

Edited by suzook
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Solstice said:

Satan arrived today.

Sadly once the hole is made its to late to do anything, there are many types of bugs that bore into tree's, one way to tell if its the work of the emerald borer is to look at dead ash, if there is a golden sheen on the trunk then it came from that borer. 

We are now seeing the emerald borer here in northern NJ, thankfully the borer is slow in my local area, but you go 30 miles south and there are tons of tree's in all different stages of death from this bug, more worry some is the lantern fly, these have an appetite for more species of tree's then just ash like the emerald borer. 

On a high note today, nws ratcheted down our high temps, now mid 70's today, I opened all the windows last night and now getting ready to hit the wood pile and get some splitting done, fyi im working on splits for the winter of 21'-22' 

• Like 2

Only got to 59 last night. It was the low they called for, so they got it right, but it was already down to 60 before 4 am here, so i was expecting it to drop more than just a degree with the few hours we had of dark left and the cooler air we're in.

• Like 1

The low overnight was 59. It was nice to have the windows open. Repeat for tonight with 57 being the forecast low. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3

WOW!!! Now this is what I'm talking about!! What a beautiful summer day! I'm heading outside, gardens need tending both here and at the EP Historical Society house, so I'll check back in later...MUCH later!! :yahoo:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, telejunkie said:

What is that...emerald ash?

I've got tons of dead ash trees down around here from them buggers.

• Sad 2

Got down to 57 last night here 79 right now nice to have the air off and the windows open 

Idk if the nws is reaching for straws or just have a brass set of balls, but they are advising of possible severe weather for Tuesday, these guys cant even get the cows to come home and there already going for Tuesday as D-day? takes a set or someone is drunk at the helm again. 

• Love it! 1

4 hours ago, Phillyfan said:

I've got tons of dead ash trees down around here from them buggers.

were wiped out from them here.  cut all the ash off the farm to salvage getting something for it :(  HopHopefully this lantern fly issue doesnt go the same way.  Bad thing was cold didnt affect the borers over winter as they could survive-15 if I remember.  

Down to 61 degrees at midnight, I think we may drop lower than the 58 degrees NWS/Albany is forecasting now that we have a calm wind with clear skys. Will find out in the morning.

image.png.82e5e2b424cf7b12802c4a8c32beb459.png

I only opened half of my windows last night...

...the lower half.   Perfect sleeping weather. 

Probably should've turned off my a/c last night but second floor of house was still warm.  But man when i walked out side this morning to leave for work it was chilly.  Got to mahwah, nj and it was 58 degree's.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Idk if the nws is reaching for straws or just have a brass set of balls, but they are advising of possible severe weather for Tuesday, these guys cant even get the cows to come home and there already going for Tuesday as D-day? takes a set or someone is drunk at the helm again. 

I just ignore them these days.  AW is calling for some t-storms, scattered. Might be nasty as a band comes through, but things shouldn’t be too terrible beyond that.  That’s very different than Golightly’s doom-fest. They, once again, are painting the whole day as a nightmare.  Their current forecast belongs in a situation where remnants of a tropical storm are passing over us.  Not a simple summer front.

I’m waiting for Golightly to shift to “full-clickbait” mode.  “When we saw this forecast, our jaw dropped...”

They’re already close to that.  I can’t understand why, beyond the reasons you give. Brass, liquor, etc.  

3 minutes ago, STEVE392 said:

Probably should've turned off my a/c last night but second floor of house was still warm.  But man when i walked out side this morning to leave for work it was chilly.  Got to mahwah, nj and it was 58 degree's.  

Dontcha just love it?

Edited by RobBucksPA
Nice day for coffee

I forget how fast temps can warm this time of year, low of 50.4°, currently 65°...

Screenshot_20190811-091357.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Nice weekend, mid 70s yesterday, 50.5° to start today.

• Like 2