• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
snowlover2

August 11-13 Severe Weather

Staff Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

Doesn't do any good when most wiring isn't 3 wired(grounded)

Ah. Very rare to encounter a non grounded house around here. 

You can definitely see the MCS developing now. Really need it to move east-southeast in order to hit SW OH which I just don’t see happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Medina said:

Ah. Very rare to encounter a non grounded house around here. 

My house only has a few grounded outlets. It was built in the 50s, which is common in homes that age.

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My house only has a few grounded outlets. It was built in the 50s, which is common in homes that age.

Yeah, mine was estimated to be built in '55. Plaster walls which really hinders upgrades. If I knew then what I know now.....

• Like 1

I haven’t been following much this evening because frankly I didn’t expect to be in the tornado watch. What a complex system moving through tonight, conditions will remain favorable throughout the night and Im going to end up seeing this complex in 2-3 hours 

0D0AD5D8-1480-4286-8810-3E35DBF05F5D.png

2 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

Yeah, mine was estimated to be built in '55. Plaster walls which really hinders upgrades. If I knew then what I know now.....

Sadly, I have plaster, too. 

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm going to assume it is more prevalent in areas where less house flipping has occurred. I've only been in one non grounded house.

Good grief!

You know it is past your bedtime when you have to pause before flushing the toilet due to the power being out....

True story..

Doesn't look like there's been any significant damage to anyone in the forum, hopefully it stays that way!

No severe weather here, but the rain is coming down in buckets again. Finally, some much MUCH needed rain!

wow didnt realize how much weather was happening last night. we finally got rain IMBY & storms! was nice hearing that thunder

Might not have been severe but as bman10 said we did get storms here overnight starting around 4am. There were a couple houses that were struck by lightning and pretty widespread 2" rain totals. 

Reed Timmer just made an interesting post on FB concerning today. He thinks there will be very large hail in NE CO to the point that it might challenge the state record of 4.5" diameter. 

Posted (edited)

Tornado supercell ongoing in NE Colorado (screen capture from COD SATRAD)

Echotops from KGLD radar are pinging in excess of 62,000 feet!

1976217486_ScreenShot2019-08-13at3_05_56PM.thumb.png.4ef2cf68f1412274f164eb9e38a2350c.png

Edited by TheDayAfterTomorrow
  • Wow! 1

22 minutes ago, TheDayAfterTomorrow said:

Tornado supercell ongoing in NE Colorado (screen capture from COD SATRAD)

Echotops from KGLD radar are pinging in excess of 62,000 feet!

1976217486_ScreenShot2019-08-13at3_05_56PM.thumb.png.4ef2cf68f1412274f164eb9e38a2350c.png

Confirmed tornado now.

1 minute ago, snowlover2 said:

Confirmed tornado now.

2" hail as well...very dangerous storm. Any tornado on the ground is likely rain-wrapped, at least partially.

Had a nice cluster come through around 3-4 am that had a bunch of lightning with it. Took out the internet at work.

9 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Reed Timmer just made an interesting post on FB concerning today. He thinks there will be very large hail in NE CO to the point that it might challenge the state record of 4.5" diameter. 

And we may have a new hail record for Colorado. There is a report of a 5" hail stone.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=GLD&issuedby=GLD&product=LSR&format=CI&version=44&glossary=1

• Like 2