Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
buckeyegal

Best place for a snow vacation?

If you were going to go anywhere in the world to experience true, mind-blowing, life-altering snow.. where would you go?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If you were going to go anywhere in the world to experience true, mind-blowing, life-altering snow.. where would you go?

• Norway
    • Iceland
    • Sweden
    • Russia
    • Colorado
    • Other (please elaborate)

Question

Hey there. I am a music teacher and avid snow lover. My school has introduced an incredible grant that would provide teachers monetary support to get to pursue one of their lifelong dreams (that also somehow connects, generally, to their curriculum). I would love to be able to introduce a unit to my students about how the weather has affected and inspired composers throughout history, and I am going to apply for this grant to hopefully travel somewhere to experience snow at its finest to jump-start my inspiration for such. I've seen snowstorms, obviously, but I want to be knee-deep in the stuff! I have considered many different locales, and I am leaning toward Norway (Northern Lights, snow hotels, dog-sledding, snowmobiling, etc.), but I wanted to propose this question to other snow lovers! 

If you were going to go anywhere in the world to experience true, mind-blowing, life-altering snow.. where would you go?

6 answers to this question

Staff Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, buckeyegal said:

Hey there. I am a music teacher and avid snow lover. My school has introduced an incredible grant that would provide teachers monetary support to get to pursue one of their lifelong dreams (that also somehow connects, generally, to their curriculum). I would love to be able to introduce a unit to my students about how the weather has affected and inspired composers throughout history, and I am going to apply for this grant to hopefully travel somewhere to experience snow at its finest to jump-start my inspiration for such. I've seen snowstorms, obviously, but I want to be knee-deep in the stuff! I have considered many different locales, and I am leaning toward Norway (Northern Lights, snow hotels, dog-sledding, snowmobiling, etc.), but I wanted to propose this question to other snow lovers! 

If you were going to go anywhere in the world to experience true, mind-blowing, life-altering snow.. where would you 

Japanese Alps of Honshu Island.

• Like 1

I realize this isn’t an exotic location, but I had a friend that lived near Tahoe at 7600’. The snow he sometimes received was amazing!  3, 5 sometimes 7’ for a single storm!  During a summer visit, I asked him how he installed a bird house 20’+ up a tree, he said he walked out on the snow!

Edited by Hiramite
  • Like 3

Iceland. Nice blizzard conditions everywhere, high winds and big mountains. Though I would miss the trees.

• Like 1

Norway, no question, the northern lights is a bonus that I would never pass up.  I'm exceeding jealous. :classic_love:. Make sure you bring a fast, wide angle lens.  Alaska would be a close second.

Thank you all for answering! I did end up winning the grant.. and I'll be headed to Norway next March. :)

• Love it! 1

Sign in to follow this