Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Psu1313

January 7-10, 2019 | Winter Storm

Staff Recommended Posts

But @JDClapper over a foot isn't something you want either. Red flag! :classic_laugh:

7 minutes ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Hey it looks like @MDBlueRidge doesn't get more than a few flurries, so lock this in!!!

• Haha 1

Less than an inch for Pittsburgh seems about right.

How about we avoid saying I’m liking this period. It seems to always fade away over time. Let’s get back to poo pooing a time period

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Hey it looks like @MDBlueRidge doesn't get more than a few flurries, so lock this in!!!

Storm outcome completely depends on the location of my snow pusher. 

• Haha 1

And now the euro shows a cutter going up and over Michigan and over the top of ny state.  Haha.... I just can’t anymore.  

Edited by PA road DAWG

Not that I want to further the off topicness of complaining about the winter, and I put this with more detail in the long range (where it belongs) but the three years in the past 20 I've had less than an inch of snow in December, one year was brutally cold Jan-Mar with 56" of snow, another was mediocre with 26" and another paltry at 11". 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Not that I want to further the off topicness of complaining about the winter, and I put this with more detail in the long range (where it belongs) but the three years in the past 20 I've had less than an inch of snow in December, one year was brutally cold Jan-Mar with 56" of snow, another was mediocre with 26" and another paltry at 11". 

Awesome. So now we know exactly what to expect. 😉

• Like 1

Sooo you're saying the research yielded anything from a snowless to brutally cold snowy winter. Seems fitting :classic_laugh:

3 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

2 minutes ago, PA Snow 84 said:

Sooo you're saying the research yielded anything from a snowless to brutally cold snowy winter. Seems fitting :classic_laugh:

Me: Puts away surf board and shakes fist in the air yelling dam research 

1 minute ago, KENNYP2339 said:

Me: Puts away surf board and shakes fist in the air yelling dam research 

No need for that

904207_367719733364312_1426297796_o-620x412.jpg.ac6ac9004d69df0956353202a4aaff90.jpg

4 minutes ago, PA Snow 84 said:

Exactly.  Snowless Decembers don't mean much in my area.  Can't speak for other areas.

They are rare though.  

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Ok, but neither is telling people that winter has hardly started, when it has, and that weeks from now we might be in a better position.

It has snowed in April period.

This thread got active. 

What's up?

It will snow when it wants. I dont think many of us are happy with winter so far, but I dont think any of us should have the doomsday outlook just yet. I learned from you guys on accu sometime ago not to live and die by models (at least ones that are over 72 hours out.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

This thread got active. 

What's up?

Not active. It got bitchin'.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

This thread got active. 

What's up?

qgGuXW3.gif

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, risingriver said:

Not active. It got bitchin'.

1 minute ago, PA Snow 84 said:

qgGuXW3.gif

Gosh, it got this bad!? 

Active would be preferable.

10 minutes ago, Phased Vort said:

Gosh, it got this bad!? 

Active would be preferable.

Nothing that some moderator "action" can't clean up.

We had support from operational runs, now that is diminished/changed. Lamentation ensued - the typical stuff we've come to be (far too) used to, even from back in the old haunt.

All that and barely any ensemble views   ( 12z MREF) of a system that is still 8-10 days out. :classic_dry: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UTSwiinii said:

We had support from operational runs, now that is diminished/changed. Lamentation ensued - the typical stuff we've come to be (far too) used to, even from back in the old haunt.

All that and barely any ensemble views   ( 12z MREF) of a system that is still 8-10 days out. :classic_dry: 

Thanks

Thanks for the sum up @UTSwiinii.

These models love to make posters go on a intense emotional rollercoaster.

6 minutes ago, UTSwiinii said:

Yeah but didn't you see the snowmap!

• Haha 1

Going into the 12z euro and eps runs........the look after the runs 

F2391D2A-369A-4876-BF69-344E631E8C20.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Thru 280 hours the 18z GEFS does not look much better.   There’s really only two members that show good strikes from Pa on south. The rest are blah for the mid Atlantic.  One of the strikes is showing 24”+ for a good portion of pa which is most likely throwing off the mean higher than it should be.  Cmon old man winter!  Wake up!  

Well we can blame my wonderfull wife of almost 32 years (10 days). She bought me a  5-1 weather station and of course now the rain guage is gettting a big workout. 

Edited by wtkidz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, UTSwiinii said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_namer_35.png.7d604de50bdeafc147a0cc58310a717d.png

12z with a stronger system in the mid-west, floods W of Apps with rain - but once again, a nice banana high sits "over top" and feeds decent cold down the E side. This almost HAS to force a transfer as the SLP will not make much headway against a stout banana high. 

Haven't seen a banana in a while. 

We need the MJO to start cooperating. looping around in sector six and seven is not helpful.

None of the tellies are in a good position for cold in the eastern CONUS ATM.

• Like 2