Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
snowlover2

January 18-20 2019 Winter Storm

Solstice

A joint album with the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region has been created. Link is below.

Message added by Solstice

Staff Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

It’s hard to tell how much we ended up with IMBY, but I’d guess 5-6 inches.  For everything the storm lacked yesterday during the day it made up for last night.  

D20DBE6B-29D0-439C-963D-AD788A1E5A8A.jpeg

8C5A6623-42C7-4995-8C87-EC74844F9FDE.jpeg

We're close to the same.  I measured all across the back yard this morning, and was routinely coming up with 5"-6" not counting the ice.  If you dug down into the ice, it would be 6"-6.5" total...

• Like 1

Four to seven were the official forecasts for our area. We over achieved in my opinion  no way really to measure though, since the wind left some grass exposed between houses as well as some drifts two feet deep. There was an official report at the National weather service about fifteen miles to the north of seven inches. 

Nothing like living in the lower lakes/Ohio valley were you go out in 3.5 degrees to snowthrow 7 inches then carve out the drain for the rainstorm and flood in 2 days.😂😂😔

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

48 hours Snow total analysis 

snow_2d_ohioriver.png

sfav2_CONUS_48h_2019012012.png

snow_2d_greatlakes.png

That check mark shaped imprint that’s right through Cincinnati was the Thundersnow. That’s exactly what it looked like as it was moving through. That’s pretty damn cool.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, N.Indianaweather said:

Nothing like living in the lower lakes/Ohio valley were you go out in 3.5 degrees to snowthrow 7 inches then carve out the drain for the rainstorm and flood in 2 days.😂😂😔

So both snowstorms we've had this year the snow doesnt even make it a week. Yet somehow thrown in there are 0 degrees temps lol

• Haha 1

I had between 4 to 6 inches here.  Hard to tell.  We had almost 10 last weekend.  Some schools already canceling for tomorrow in our area.

• Like 1

Total through this morning was right on 11.0”. Since then, a couple more inches have fallen. I have been getting slammed here the last hour or so. Will try to post a few pics in a bit.

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

I knew we were around 4-5" Just didn't want to measure that lol.

4 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Looks like Dayton got hit pretty hard. My mom sent me a picture of our front yard... looks like they had some impressive winds. She said the drift is a foot tall.

We got 3-4" here and yes the winds were nuts.

I’d say tonight is my ideal winter night if I could pick. Bitter-ish cold (6 F), light lake effect ongoing, deep snowpack, with a full moon peeking through the clouds/ falling snow. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Added about 3” since this afternoon with a steady light to occasionally moderate snow continuing. Event total right at about 14” now. I wasn’t able to take many pics today, but will attach a few I took. Tomorrow I will finally dig everything out. 

789EA3F2-D7D2-4495-9AD0-27A71BE3F229.jpeg

C673EEC5-AF56-454C-B84E-43B9C64660EE.jpeg

3D3A58D2-2455-420C-9153-DE26623E00FB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love it! 2

Very fine mist like snow flakes here from time to time. Hard to see them but they’re there. 

22 minutes ago, junior said:

Very fine mist like snow flakes here from time to time. Hard to see them but they’re there. 

I must have had it too cause there's a light coating on my car.

Slightly off topic but this has been a fairly eventful weekend capping the storm off with the eclipse tonight! Anyone else gonna take a look?

It just wont quit, an additional 2" fell overnight which puts the event total right at about 16". Things are just about done here, maybe an additional half inch or so before all is said and done. I will do a final tally a bit later.

• Love it! 1

58 minutes ago, OhioBlizzard said:

It just wont quit, an additional 2" fell overnight which puts the event total right at about 16". Things are just about done here, maybe an additional half inch or so before all is said and done. I will do a final tally a bit later.

Yeah, I'm nt sure when we got it, but I snowblowed yesterdays snow around 5PM, then this morning there was about 2" on the driveway.  Maybe overnight?  I came in after snow-blowing and was glued to the games the rest of the night, then went to bed.  Awesome games.  Happy about the Pats. depressed about the Saints.  

This is crazy, not sure I believe it actually.

Here at my house it is so cold the snow pack, probably 4-6" deep, can actually hold most of my weight(235) it is crusted/frozen over. I was just walking on it this evening trying to get my dog to walk on it rather than thinking he would sink. Can't imagine it is drifting that bad, or why it is. Did the freeze line change things that much? This a a high travel 2 lane highway.

20190121_210232.thumb.jpg.47cb52f7eeb10b48251065df15684682.jpg