Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
snowlover2

January 18-20 2019 Winter Storm

Solstice

A joint album with the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region has been created. Link is below.

Message added by Solstice

Staff Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Grace said:

ADVICE:

Get ready for several different types of solutions, tracks...etc. So relax & watch for a few days. Let the dust settle. Don't draw too many unnecessary conclusions off every run. 

:classic_tongue:

Will tend to give a little more weight to the Euro at this point. Will see if its 12Z run is consistent with the I70 run from the 0Z

Well, plenty of cold to work with. Lets just hope there's not too much where suppression will be an issue. First  potential of the season I'm actually excited about!

1 minute ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

9-km ECMWF USA Cities United States Precip Type & MSLP.gif

That would hurt to see good snows north today and then good snows south next weekend 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Snow_____ said:

That would hurt to see good snows north today and then good snows south next weekend 😂😂

The signal is a monster and I'm talking just in the ensembles. That's the only thing I will be watching the next 3 to 4 days on this one. I think the Op's are going to bounce around a lot. Nonetheless, someone somewhere is going to get clobbered with this setup.

I'd rather see more southern solutions (again in the ensembles) for the Ohio Valley folks right now after seeing the current storm verifying further north than modeled in the med/long range.

Edited by NKYSnowLover

FV3 also shows 3 distinct pieces of energy, I think how they all interact (or dont) will be key. That coastal though :very-shocked-smiley-emoticon:

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh132-222.gif

• Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

FV3 also shows 3 distinct pieces of energy, I think how they all interact (or dont) will be key. That coastal though :very-shocked-smiley-emoticon:

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh132-222.gif

Screenshot_20190112-135645.jpg

• Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Snow_____ said:

My exact though ugh!

13 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

18z GFS is a river runner.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

Impressive should be interesting to see how this plays out

Storm after storm. Euro members are nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowlover2 said:

18z GFS is a river runner.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

Gotta love the "Little Egypt" track!

4 hours ago, Grace said:

Screenshot_20190112-135645.jpg

Depressing Map for Pittsburgh.  But, it's still too early to be in the bullseye anyway, right?

Just the though of huge snows west, north, east and even south without hitting me is terrible.  Hopefully, better runs to come.  (i know, I know, it's early, just a crushing picture there.)

18z has me *hopeful* for next weekend. It is nice to have a storm out there to at least track. I'm curious to see what the current snowpack from yesterday's/today event plays into the track of this one.

1 hour ago, jdrenken said:

Gotta love the "Little Egypt" track!

Usually a great track for me here in Central IL! :classic_wink:

• Like 1

The 0z GFS is literally just north of me on this one. Places like 20 miles to the north of me get 4" and I get none :classic_laugh:

Edited by CIWeather

Lurking for awhile, but needed to create an account as I couldn't hold back for the upcoming period.

But as a snow starved Canadian in Toronto, this system looks interesting to say the least. Always a bit worrying to be in this track a week out, but I'd rather see it more cutter type now than later, at least we know there's going to be a massive high, and if anything, suppression might be our bigger concern instead. 

December was a dud around here, and we only had that one system which gave my area 13cm back in mid-Nov as something significant. 

43 minutes ago, ohiobuckeye45 said:

Cmc is a beast

3daa181d-2cbe-4c02-9494-6cf57ed3dcb4.gif

Yup would hit St. Louis, Central IL, and Indy with 6-10" again!

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

0z FV3 is a beast!  Basically if you are north of I-70 in MO and IL and most of IN and OH get pounded!