Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tml78

End Of Snow?

Staff Recommended Posts

Looking at a few different weather sites and looks like mild weather showing on all of them for the next 10-14 days.

Is this the end of snow for southern ontario?

Snow can happen out of the whim with no apparent reason what so ever.  So maybe it is or maybe it is not, but not bloody likely this is the case even if there is no accumulation you are likely to get flakes at some point.  In my area the last days of winter is a watch to see if climatologist wise if the temperature will end with normal values despite the snow drought.  Meteorological winter ended for the nearest airport 0.1 degrees below normal after the calculation of December to February medians.    

Looks like a very light dusting tonight and then warmer weather on the horizon!:cool1:

I was in Whitby yesterday and we had a brief snowfall didn’t amount to anything.

Similarly to plowguys observations, this morning there was about 1cm accumulation here , it burned off after the air warmed above freezing. 

I expect at least one more decent snowfall, it’s still early but spring is definitely in the air. 

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t at least one more snowfall before the season is over. In fact take a look at the 18z GFS.

F9FBC053-478F-43BD-BFB5-48B6FA05CD6B.png.1aa8fd40d711e90b67195c924ffff9e2.png

Posted (edited)

It would be end the season nicely with the storm of tommorow for here.

Edited by Stl

18z GFS takes it south. The core of the cold is displaced further east as well.

EC drops our snow chances down to 40%

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Stl said:

It would be end the season nicely with the storm of tommorow for here.

Friday snow forecast looks promising for you there. I got an email from Jay Peak says they are expecting 15 " by Saturday.

image.png

Edited by frosty

Posted (edited)

Ya well , il say that it was promising , i went from 18-20" to 2" of snow.

Let's see what tommorow brings though perhaps the intensity of the storm will just give some more surprises.

Edited by Stl

Looks like a nice string of spring like weather for my area.  No snow in site.  Ill take it.  The sun feels awesome.

Let's just say the NAM tends to overstate snowfall amounts. The GFS text shows a bit of snow in the Quebec-Windsor Corridor, but temperatures are forecast in the low-to-mid 30's Fahrenheit, so don't expect much accumulation, except maybe for Quebec City.

21 hours ago, Markj138 said:

We ain`t done yet baby!

namconus_asnow_neus_29.png

That would be a best case scenario !:very-shocked-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

:dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by Markj138

15 hours ago, Markj138 said:

fv3p_asnow_neus_13.png

It trended west since then and it seem now you guys will get your share of snow.

• Like 1

Might as well end this winter with a bang.

With the late March/early April sun itll be gone within 2 days anyways.

Rainfall warnings posted,  so expect very little snow. Sorry.

10:50 AM EDT Saturday 30 March 2019
Rainfall warning in effect for:

• City of Toronto

Significant rainfall is expected today.

Periods of rain will continue today. Rainfall amounts of 25 to 40 mm are likely by this evening when the rain is expected to change to snow. Snowfall accumulations of 2 to 4 cm are possible which may lead to untreated roads becoming snow covered and slippery.

For information concerning flooding, please consult your local Conservation Authority or Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry District office.

Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Localized flooding in low-lying areas is possible. Keep children and pets away from creeks and river banks.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Posted (edited)

Snow began at 11 pm, temp on the zero mark.

big chunky flakes have everything covered with a cm. 

Lets see how much accumulation over night and how it looks in the morning. 

Winter wonderland. Trees are coated. The ground  thawed in various degrees so the depth varies as well. Roads bare, grass has a couple cm, other vertical surfaces are 2 to 4 cm. Temp on zero still at 8:30 am

Wont last long

Edited by frosty

This mean then that your last accumulating snow might be as far as March 31st this year :classic_blink:

Posted (edited)

Yes I thought we were finished accumulation for this year. 99.9% of the ice base had disappeared except a few shady places that don’t get direct sun. Now the same spots have snow again. Most open areas burned off with the sun today. 

I haven’t looked ahead to the long range forecast models, maybe even will see some more in the next couple weeks. Over night temperatures still go below freezing. 

Edited by frosty

Had brief sun showers throughout the day, snow falling and melting at the same time.